i think i was in hypo.. not such a nice thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickiebob89

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Im rite confuddled. I had such a good day of eating yesterday but turns out i wasnt so good..

i had my metformin with my lunch and about 3ish i feel awful, dizzy, sick,blurry visions oh it wa horrible. I had a bourbon biscuit or 2 an i felt abit better but for the rest of the night jus not myself. When i got in i had a piece of lean steak grilled with vegatables (proud of myself ha) another metformin and then went to snooker. At snooker i had to have a glass of coke cause i honestly felt like i was going to pass out. Spoke with my colleague who is also a diabetic and he said i was in hypo.. really dont like it :( spent half the morning either crying or panicking :( its poo!!!

Nickiebobxx

did you have your gliclazide at all ???

Do you have a meter so that you can test to see if you really are hypo?

It might be that if you have been running high levels you body is not used to lower levels from your new way of eating and even though you are not hypo, being significantly lower than normal is causing hypo symptoms.

If it is the case that you test and you are hypo then if you are going to be continuing to eat low levels of carbs like you did at dinner then your doctor need to review the gliclazide.

Hi there. Are you able to test your blood glucose when you feel grotty? That will tell you all that you need to know.

Alternatively, you were only diagnosed last December and so it is possible that your body still isn't used to the lower bg yet (I assume that it is lower?).

I know I felt wobbly occasionally a month or two after diagnosis too, but my bg tended to be just below 5 and nowhere near what is considered to be hypo territory. Fortunately, I haven't had any problems recently, so it does pass.

Andy

p.s. As always! Someone gets in there whilst I'm typing!! Great minds think alike and all that .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back