I suppose it was inevitable....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Cadbury Creme Egg - I thought just one small bite wouldn't do any harm but once I had the taste of it I couldn't stop! A friend gave me some as a gift having forgotten I was diabetic. So two lessons here for me: 1) Never try 'just one small bite' and 2) Preferably have nothing in the house which could be a temptation.

Footnote: It tasted delicious but oh the guilt!

What were the effects on the old blood sugar..............

LOL, I hate Cadbury's Creme Egg, but I know exactly how you feel!!😉😛

Creme egg haven't had one in ages but so yummy no way you can stop once you've started......and they can be a lovely treat for a hypo......

Eating a Creme Egg in October?!? Can't be right! 🙂

Did you know they are doing one for hallowen 'Cadburys scream egg' with green goo instead of yellow , had anyone seen one yet ?🙂

I actually seen one advertised recently, presumably for halloween, where the fondant has been coloured green, anyone else seen this?

I used to love cream eggs...

But didn't have one since be Dx as diabetic, that was I went on the DAFNE course in January 2008, I brought one Monday morning on my way, and it sat in front of me all week!

I worked it's carb content out, injected required insulin, dreaming on how lush it was going to taste then bit into it and............

It was sweet it was awful so haven't had one since...

Personally, I have always found Cadbury's Creme Eggs too sweet. Spent an entertaining spring (before diagnosis) introducing a Norwegian marine biologist to various types of eggs eg caramel, mallow etc. We also carried out lots of plankton research in the same lab...
Jennywren - Will have to try a Scream Egg, purely in the interests of research, of course...

ALways the same maltersers are the worse culprit for me , one or two is just never enough.

Well that was my last Creme Egg ever ..... I hope...... taught me not to have them in the house as obviously I have no will power whatsoever.

I used to love cream eggs...

But didn't have one since be Dx as diabetic, that was I went on the DAFNE course in January 2008, I brought one Monday morning on my way, and it sat in front of me all week!

I worked it's carb content out, injected required insulin, dreaming on how lush it was going to taste then bit into it and............

It was sweet it was awful so haven't had one since...

Weird how our taste changes eh? I used to have to limit myself to one Mars Bar a day, due to weight issues, (I could easily eat two or three especially if they had been in the fridge and were cold), now, I don't enjoy the taste anymore. In fact I no longer buy or eat them at all. 😛

Weird how our taste changes eh? I used to have to limit myself to one Mars Bar a day, due to weight issues, (I could easily eat two or three especially if they had been in the fridge and were cold), now, I don't enjoy the taste anymore. In fact I no longer buy or eat them at all. 😛

It's true for me too. Although I still occasionally have sweet things I don't crave them any more. I think my brain has developed a defence mechanism against such stuff because of the effect it might have on my levels! When I had my 'Day of Indulgence' recently, I found I enjoyed fatty foods more than sweet ones. One exception I'm sure would be Lindt Lindor chocolates - I still daren't buy them!

It's true for me too. Although I still occasionally have sweet things I don't crave them any more. I think my brain has developed a defence mechanism against such stuff because of the effect it might have on my levels! When I had my 'Day of Indulgence' recently, I found I enjoyed fatty foods more than sweet ones. One exception I'm sure would be Lindt Lindor chocolates - I still daren't buy them!

For me it's Chunky Kit Kat, I could still eat them till the cows come home. :D
If I want a treat now I try to be good and only buy a two finger Kit Kat. (Not always successfull in that I must admit, however I think going from one or two a day, to one a week when I'm feeling weak, is a good improvement).

just have to add to this and say that I hope that you enjoyed your treats and also I really wanna try one of these scream egg things hehe! And Northerner agree with u totally about the lindors :O :D my absolute all time fave!

For me it is magnum almond, ice lollies, if I buy a pack,3, I usually end up eating them all.

I want to try a scream egg!! I'm a big kid at heart! Better get one before my appt with the dietician - got to keep a food diary and I'm guessing she may not approve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back