I seriously hate this condition :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura22

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It sucks!!!!

I've felt ill ALL morning so far. I checked my levels just now and I think I've found out why I feel ill.

They're at 1.3mmol!!!!!!!!!

WHEN will they find a cure????

Goodness Laura, that's really low! Hope you are feeling a little better by the time you read this. I think a cure may be some time off, but there are many wonderful advancements in treatment about to hit the streets, so hopefully it will at least become easier to manage successfully 🙂

Yikes - it's not fun, is it?! Especially sugar levels that low - ouch!

Try to hold on to the thought that things are just that bit harder at the moment because you are pregnant - I know it probably feels like it will be forever but all the hard work you are having to put into your control now will pay off & by the time a year has passed you will hopefully be feeling a lot more stable blood sugar wise, with a beautiful baby too. 🙂 All I can suggest is test, test, test, & record everything! 🙄 At least that way you will start to see patterns emerge. Honestly, it will get easier to manage once the hormone levels settle down again....just hang on in there in the meanwhile, & be gentle with yourself. Sending you a big hug ((((())))),

Twitchy xxx

ps - don't be worried about baby & the hypo btw - I was told they are like little parasites when it comes to hypos - they will take what they need & hog the available glucose! Doesn't change once they're born, come to that...! 🙄

Hope you're feeling better now Laura xx

It sucks!!!!

I've felt ill ALL morning so far. I checked my levels just now and I think I've found out why I feel ill.

They're at 1.3mmol!!!!!!!!!

WHEN will they find a cure????

Hopefully sooner than later Laura, but be assured they are looking and in time they will be a cure of sorts, or at least better treatments in managing the unpredictability of diabetes control. I must say 1.3mmol is really really low, I would have almost certainly be on the floor and out for the count! Toby.

Hi Laura how are you feeling now huni? xxhugsxx

wow 1.3 thats low low

hey hope you've managed to get some sugar in and bring that reading up!

aw poor you - big hug.

i was wondering what lowest reading a diabetic person could get to without being unconscious, or still functioning for themselves - JP did his lowest last week 1.7 and it scared me big time, previous to that it was 1.9 that was his lowest.

thinking of you
rachel

I was 1 once and still conscious, mind you once I saw the reading I felt 100 times worse! Hope you are feeling better now Laura, hugs.xx

Laura
Hope your levels have been ok today and you are feeling better. The hypos will get less as your pregnancy continues. Hang in there keep testing and always have some fast acting carbs on you.
Big hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back