I seems to be having afternoon / early eve Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Been feeling bit weird, really hungrey but sicky in the the afternoons and thought maybe I'm a bit high - usually I'm low at this time.

However every day so far this week on testing when I get home from work I have ranged from 8 to 9.9.

Anyone any ideas why this could be happening ? I totally bewildered - I eat the same lunch every day and have done for the last 2 + years.

Been feeling bit weird, really hungrey but sicky in the the afternoons and thought maybe I'm a bit high - usually I'm low at this time.

However every day so far this week on testing when I get home from work I have ranged from 8 to 9.9.

Anyone any ideas why this could be happening ? I totally bewildered - I eat the same lunch every day and have done for the last 2 + years.

I wonder if your insulin requirements are changing? Sorry Di, I forgot what you are taking. One thing you might check is that your insulin has not got too warm and has lost some of its potency. Depending on when you take it, might there be a possibility it is running out before you expect? What are your levels like before bedtime?

Good morning Northerner

I'm on insultard.

Morning BS was 7.4 this has been creeping up a bit of late (6's) I have not been testing before bed since I have been testing mid afternoon / early eve.

I put a new insulin in last week - never thought it might be that which could be causing prob. My bs have been higher for a week.

I'm goinfg to inject a little more tonight and see how I am tomorrow - If I'm still a little high I will change the insulin cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back