I phone update???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark king

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

IMPORTANT INFORMATION​

Dear Valued FreeStyle LibreLink and LibreLinkUp users,

Apple will soon be releasing iOS 15, which introduces two major changes to Notifications on your iPhone. These new features may impact your ability to receive time-sensitive notifications, such as glucose alarms from the FreeStyle LibreLink1 and LibreLinkUp2 apps.

Once you have updated your iPhone to iOS 15, it’s important to correctly configure your settings for Notifications and Focus so that you can receive time-sensitive notifications from your apps. Follow the steps below to configure your settings:
Scheduled Summary:
Tap Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary > Turn off apps in the “Apps Summary” list
Immediate Delivery:
Tap Settings > Notifications > LibreLink / LibreLinkUp > Notifications > Turn ON Immediate Delivery
Focus Mode:
Tap Settings > Focus > (Select a mode) > Add apps to the list of “Allowed Apps” for each mode

Just in case you/ve missed this.

Alternatively, in the app, you can go to Alarms via the main menu and turn on “Override Do Not Disturb” to always receive glucose alarms from FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors. These notifications will always make a sound, even when your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode.

If you need further assistance, please contact your local customer care.

I’m not sure what the question is, are you struggling with the instructions?

Sorry @Lucyr it was meant as an information prompt, I'm on Android and as such this doesn't apply to me.
It has only just been released and if someone has auto update on their app may stop working.

My Apple iPhone 12 Pro already notifies me whether I want to receive notifications from Apps I have already installed. From long experience with iPhones the process will be far simpler than what you have discovered, if it makes any difference at all. With around 40 apps on the phone, it would be a real PIA to do all that.

If you like, I’ll upgrade to iOS 15 (the alternative is 14.8) just to see what is the case. It does mention notifications changing but no mention of the palaver you have presented, merely options. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Unlike many Android phones, it also updates the security, as it does for all iPhones back as far as the iPhone 7.

Yeah - I received the email this morning, but then I imagine so did everyone on Abbott's email list.

I’ve just upgraded to iOS 15 and all the alerts from the Libre are turned on. Didn’t have to do anything, as I suspected. Even the Met Office Weather App has all its alerts ticked and ready to go.

The notifications section, new in the Settings menu is a vast improvement, snd easy to navigate. As with everything Apple provides.

So this whole post is unnecessary, and rather, if I may say so, alarmist, and might as well be deleted. I blame Abbott, who were slow to allow the App on Apple phones, producing it first for Android phones. Don’t you remember that? It’s the only reason I was a few months slow moving to the Libre when it first appeared. Simple prejudice, is the only explanation.

Thanks for sharing @mark king

Hopefully it will all be smooth and straightforward as @mikeyB suggests, but good for folks to know what might be causing it if their settings lead to the apps suddenly not alarming immediately.

As expected, I have received my usual alerts from BBC news.

In the new notifications section in Settings, all the apps I’ve allowed notifications from are switched on. There is a slide switch to turn them on or off. All your apps are listed in the notification settings

In the Libre App in the Settings, all alerts are switched on, but in the Libre section there is a Critical Alert part. That too is ticked. It takes only a moment to switch on or off, not all the messing about as described in the OP, but if it was allowed in your older version of iOS it will already be switched on.

So as I said above, you will almost certainly have to do nothing after the upgrade to allow the Libre App to work. Just check in the notifications section in Settings and click on the Libre App. There you will see all the alerts switched on, including critical alerts. In the
unlikely event they aren’t, just turn them on. A whole four taps of the finger. Big deal.

This has all been done by Apple to make life easier. Sometimes alerts get tedious, or maybe you want to switch them off for a bit peace and quiet. It was tricky to do before. Now you just go into Settings, then notifications, click on the Apps and use the slider at the top of the screen to turn them off. It couldn’t be simpler.

It may be, of course, that Android phones have a similar easy system, but I suspect they don’t.

By the way, I find I have a new Notifications section on my watch (Apple, of course) which operates when the phone is not actively in use, so Libre alerts can (and do) come through on the watch. This worked before. When I was sitting at the Rovers, when they scored, seconds later my watch informed me of the score.

Hi Mikey
Yes my phone is set to notify me of particular interests even over "do not disturb", it's Android of course.
It's particularly useful when I'm report writing and DND is switched on but I want to know how many goals my team has scored.
My team, that's Liv-er-pool. 😎 currently scoring 3 goals per game in the premiership and other cup competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back