i need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodee93

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have the accu-chek combo pump and I have had it for about 3 years and I find that my bluetooth meter doesnt always work. Over the last 3 years my meter hasnt worked and I am now on my 3rd one. This past year my meter has worked for about 4 weeks out of the year, this has ment that I havent been able to check my blood sugars and do corrective insulin and do the correct insulin for carbs. This has made my HbA1c rise to over 11! does any-one else find that their meter doesnt work? :confused:

Hi Jodee, welcome to the forum 🙂 Sorry to hear about this problem - have you reported it to your DSN and Roche? I don't pump, but hopefully someone will be along to help 🙂

Hi Jodee and welcome - sorry you are having so much trouble. I am afraid I can't help except to give you the link to accuchecks website the have faq and an e-mail contact if you can't find the answer. The careline number is on the link too.

https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/customerservice/faqs/index.html

If no one comes up with a similar problem or a solution to it - maybe you could try it.

I have the accu-chek combo pump and I have had it for about 3 years and I find that my bluetooth meter doesnt always work. Over the last 3 years my meter hasnt worked and I am now on my 3rd one. This past year my meter has worked for about 4 weeks out of the year, this has ment that I havent been able to check my blood sugars and do corrective insulin and do the correct insulin for carbs. This has made my HbA1c rise to over 11! does any-one else find that their meter doesnt work? :confused:

Hiya and welcome to the forum.
OK I'm going to ask the dumb question 🙂 why do you not have a spare meter and a calculator to work out you your corrections and boluses?
It takes at least 3 mths to get an A1c that high so again why haven't you done anything about having the meter changed? Have you checked the battery to make sure it's ok? Obviously as you have not been testing you haven't been doing ny basal testing either 🙄 So this will also not help your A1c.
I have to admit I'm surprised your consultant hasn't taken your pump away from you on safety grounds.

I have the same pump and meter, my bluetooth gets a bit iffy if the batteries are starting to drain....change your batteries regularly

Last edited:
Hi Jodee. Welcome 🙂

I don't pump either, so Sue is the expert on this one so far. But I have to agree with her regarding the meter. You can get a free meter from almost any supplier and should always make sure you have enough supplies for emergencies.🙂

Technology can break down at any time and we do rely it all rather a lot. If you contact accu chek and ask them for a spare meter because your other ones keep breaking down, they should send you one out that takes the same strips.

Rob

Hi Jodee. Welcome 🙂

I don't pump either, so Sue is the expert on this one so far. But I have to agree with her regarding the meter. You can get a free meter from almost any supplier and should always make sure you have enough supplies for emergencies.🙂

Technology can break down at any time and we do rely it all rather a lot. If you contact accu chek and ask them for a spare meter because your other ones keep breaking down, they should send you one out that takes the same strips.

Rob

I think this is a meter that works alongside the pump Rob, so has special functions.

I think this is a meter that works alongside the pump Rob, so has special functions.

Quite right it has the pumps wizzard/brains stored in it. But OP can use another meter to test her blood sugar and use a calculator to work out her insulin needs and bolus using her pump. She does not need the wizzard to to bolus insulin.
Neither does she need the wizard to do basal testing or adjusting her basals 🙂
There has been nothing stopping her from ringing Roche either to sort out the meter problems either :confused:
The combo is a glorified spirit pump. The spirit did not have a hand set or wizards. So what OP has is infact the Spirit pump now.
Hence why I suggested a meter and calculator if no can do maths.😉

I have just got this combo pump and meater only had it for 2 weeks this went funny on one day and would not diliver info to the pump with being new to pumping gave accuchek a ring and they talked me through it and said sometimes there is a bad conection with it or if as been said the batterys are low so if it happend the agen I was told to change battery things been okay since give them a ring they are very helpfull

If it is only the Bluetooth that isn't working then you can still do your BG. If it refuses to do your BG, it depends on why.

Here's a question for you - are they strip errors, or something else?

PS I was told to turn the meter on at the switch and not turn it on like you do every other meter known to man, by shoving a strip in. I had two fail on me early on and it was just an 'off the wall' suggestion by my DSN that made me go that route with remote No 3. And whether it's coincidence or what, it's been fine since Day 1.

I take it they are both 'paired' properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back