I need a favour

Status
Not open for further replies.
stories like this just break my heart and anger me. that poor girl, and her poor parents! at what point will the NHS see past immediate costs, and start looking at long term costs (going blind, losing limbs etc)? sorry to be looking at it so simply (i've had a drink), it just infuriates me when there is a clear case of NEED and nothing is done about it.

i'm just registering so i can post a comment.

edit: would it be cheeky of me to include a link to my blog in my comment? i won't be offended if people think it's not appropriate!

Last edited:
All done! 🙂 Awful that she has to wait half her lifetime to get something they've already decided she needs and would benefit from NOW! Grrrr!!!😡

my comment is posted as 'smurph', it said that shiv and siobhan were taken so yeah. i'm below you, northe

Yes, they had a Northerner already too! The cheek of it! 😉 So I'm Northern Poet.🙂

Thankyou so much - you have no idea how much difference this will make.🙂:DBev

Job done and miniature rant posted. I am shocked at the comments made by a certain American on that article. Seems that the septics across the pond can't see what's good for them.

I've posted under the somewhat useless pseudonym of Type One Tom

Last edited:
tom i think you put it very nicely. it's not a question of the healthcare system itself, it's the fact that it is a postcode lottery dictating whether she will get the best treatment or not.

tom i think you put it very nicely. it's not a question of the healthcare system itself, it's the fact that it is a postcode lottery dictating whether she will get the best treatment or not.

Thanks Shiv. I just know it's true. I get good care down here, well, except for the eleven or so years under the paeds team down here but that's a whole other story, because I'm lucky that some damn good nurses and doctors work here. I'm even more fortunate in that my new DSN is a type one.

In essence there's nothing wrong with the concept of the NHS. It's just that the pen pushing mongs have more say in the treatment that we receive than a medic does at times.

Tom

Done. Just reported some wally's post, hope it wasn't any of you guys. 😉

it was like reading the events in a battle not comments some people havent got a clue how is beeing a diabetic child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back