I miss Spike!!! How can I get BS on watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type1of25years+

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I miss Spike on my watch so much! It let me achieve brilliant control for first pregnancy and I just don’t know how I can do it for a second pregnancy without Spike’s alarms.
I’ve been on Dexcom for most of a year but finding the Shuggah app useless.
I’m back on Libre1 for about 50 days so will try and get MiaoMiao & Spike going again (dreading the setup).
Then will move to Libre2 which I gather has alarms but not as good as Spike and you can’t get continuously on watch….
Any tech geniuses out there who can tell me how I can get back to a CGM showing on watch with incremental updates and alarms as good as Spike?!
Thaaaaank you!!

What phone and watch? As far as I’m aware there’s a solution for both apple and android, I made a thread about the apple one I have started using (not shuggah) as I wanted to use the official app instead of shuggah.

Never used spike and I’m only using the alarms in the libre app so not sure what you’re wanting there.

Hi Lucy, do you have a link to the thread that you started as referred to above please. thank you

Hi Lucy, do you have a link to the thread that you started as referred to above please. thank you
Sorry difficult to do links on phone but it was in the technology section

I’m back on Libre1 for about 50 days so will try and get MiaoMiao & Spike going again (dreading the setup).
Then will move to Libre2 which I gather has alarms but not as good as Spike and you can’t get continuously on watch….

Libre 1 has been discontinued?!

Libre 2 has a current app update that makes it into a rtCGM (realtime CGM) which displays results sampled every minute.

Not sure about current phone options - I think they are still all non-Abbott 3rd party versions, so don’t use the official Abbott algorithm to process the raw data?

Not sure about current phone options - I think they are still all non-Abbott 3rd party versions, so don’t use the official Abbott algorithm to process the raw data?
The one I use gets the data from libre linkup (the follow app) and sends it to watch, so it’s using the official algorithm and I can be confident in using the numbers (well as confident as usual within limitations of cgm)

I’m iPhone 13 and Apple Watch (maybe 2nd version). Would be so grateful for a simple “use X and X”?!

I’d really like something where you can adjust the timings of alarms like Spike…. I.e if I go above 8 before 3am wake me up but leave me alone after 3am!!!

I’d really like something where you can adjust the timings of alarms like Spike…. I.e if I go above 8 before 3am wake me up but leave me alone after 3am!!!
I have an iPhone 13 mini and Apple Watch and use LibreLinkUp to follow myself then send those bgs to my calendar through GluRoo app and display the calendar complication on my watch. I haven’t seen any time based alarm options though, and I just use the alarms in the libre app

I have an iPhone 13 mini and Apple Watch and use LibreLinkUp to follow myself then send those bgs to my calendar through GluRoo app and display the calendar complication on my watch. I haven’t seen any time based alarm options though, and I just use the alarms in the libre app
Ah fab, not heard of GluRoo before will check it out. Thank you! The alarms on Spike are so customisable they’re amazing! Hopefully Libre will get there one day!

Using xdrip on android phone and a wearos android watch connected via Bluetooth. Xdrip allows you to set the times that the alarms go off, so turn off all but hypo alarms for the night. Yet to find a cgm solution that can work alone on a smart watch without a phone.

Using xdrip on android phone and a wearos android watch connected via Bluetooth. Xdrip allows you to set the times that the alarms go off, so turn off all but hypo alarms for the night. Yet to find a cgm solution that can work alone on a smart watch without a phone.
Thank you. I wish there was a version you can use with Apple. Xdrip seems to be Android only? And Spike aren’t going to make it work for Libre2! But Shuggah (which I read was similar to Spike) seems useless! So frustrating to feel like going backwards. It looks like just sending a calendar complication from LibreLink is the best option but dreading the endless alarms for pregnancy thresholds!!

Thanks all. I wish there was a version of Xdrip you can use with Libre and Apple. Xdrip seems to be Android only? And Spike aren’t going to make it work for Libre2! But Shuggah (which I read was similar to Spike) seems useless! So frustrating to feel like going backwards. It looks like just sending a calendar complication from LibreLink is the best option but dreading the endless alarms for pregnancy thresholds!!

Take a look at Shuggah. It’s version of xDrip4IOS which is on the App store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back