I have no idea what my blood glucose levels are or have been for the last 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I stopped testing myself, well it was kind of laziness on my part, I didn't get a new battery for my monitor and then when I did, I couldn't find my testing strips and my lancet rolled under my bed and then I spotted a spider sitting by it, so in the end I thought to myself, well what I am doing is working according to my HbA1c. I am having my next blood test on 12th December and if still on the downwards trend I won't worry about testing and just stick to eating 3 healthy low carb meals a day for ever more (except on Christmas day when I will be eating a mini mince pie and maybe an after eight as part of my Christmas lunch. I won't go completely mad and snack on crisps, scoff cake and quality street though

Do you think not testing would be a problem for any reason? I dont go to the loo alot, am not overly thirsty and my skin has stopped itching, I dont feel I need day time naps anymore, so I think all my diabetes symptoms have gone too so hope I can just be a normal low carb healthy eater without worrying about testing all the time

If you know what effect the meals you're eating have on your blood glucose, then no you don't need to check constantly since you're not on any medication (never mind hypo- causing meds). I think when I have had my next bloods if my HbA1c is OK then I'll stop routinely testing and just test for a week here or there to make sure that nothing has changed

I’d only test meals I’ve no idea about in that case or on a bad day like xmas!
I think I wont be testing on christmas day either 🙂 I will be watching my intake and be sensible but I know I will probably spike after a mince pie and wont continue eating them, from reading on here mince pies are quite a villain in the BG world. I may test on random times but only if the spider allows me to retrieve my lancet

I think I wont be testing on christmas day either 🙂 I will be watching my intake and be sensible but I know I will probably spike after a mince pie and wont continue eating them, from reading on here mince pies are quite a villain in the BG world. I may test on random times but only if the spider allows me to retrieve my lancet
Very wise about not testing on Xmas day. After all there is little you can do about any high levels and seeing them will just take the pleasure away from the mince pie that caused it so completely defeats the object of having a treat. Enjoy and ignore as long as you are not making a habit of it. As regards your lancing device, a long stick (broom or mop handle) should safely retrieve it from the arachnid's clutches without risk of direct confrontation. Good luck!

I made some successful mince pies last year using half and half, flour and ground almonds, adding grated apple and nuts to the bought mincemeat and putting a crumble topping made with ground almonds, low sugar granola and butter.

just do a spot check now n again to make sure you are still about where you should be.
once you know the effects of your diet, shouldn't need to constantly test 🙂

That was my thought too. Only really need an occasional maintenance check, or if you are eating ‘off piste’ and want to keep an eye on things
🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back