i have an eye question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So, it was pretty bright at lunch time today and I noticed that in the very bright light lots of tiny black dots that seemed to be floating around. I thought they were like tiny flies or something. I have noticed these before, but when i read an old diabetic eye thing from when i had my eyes done i began to panic it could be a sign of the ole diabetic retinopathy?

It's pretty odd and come to think of it, it does happen in bright light. I notice it more if i look at the sky. Do other people get this?

The eye people have noticed I have very minor background retinopathy and i've been working on reducing this by getting control on the ole sugar levels. But alas, the little ole worrying me has started worrying as since starting the the ole pump, levels have been sporadic at best. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid? (Story of my life...)

It sounds like they might just be 'floaters' Sam - non-diabetic people can get these too and it's just stuff floating around in the vitreous humor of the eye. They can come and go. If you're concerned though, do seek medical advice - always better to be safe than sorry! 🙂

Yup sounds like floaters to me too Sam.

I had the 'background changes' letter this year too. Not nice at all. Easy to feel like you've made things worse with every rapid bg change or spike isnt it :(

to preserve my sanity I've decided to just keep on plodding on trying to have more better days and fewer rubbish weeks until my next scan thinghy.

Yes what you describe sounds like the 'floaters' that I get every now and then. They do seem to be more likely in bright weather. :( As Northerner says don't hesitate to get them checked if you do have concerns. I think my eyesight is the thing that I am the most paranoid about and my experience is that nurses and optician staff tend to understand if you have concerns about this sort of thing, especially when they learn that you are diabetic. 😉

Again, this sounds like floaters to me. I have lots of them, but it's completely unrelated to diabetes. I currently have no signs of retinopathy. Apparently floaters are fairly common in the general population.

However, as Northe said, if you're worried get it checked out. If nothing else it will put your mind at rest!

i may have made myself freak out a little bit earlier on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back