I have a frozen shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Been to the doctor about my sore arm (see prev thread last week) and it turns out that I actually have the early stages of a frozen shoulder. Have to monitor it for a few weeks take painkillers, exercise it and see how it goes but I might need physio. Another thing to add to the list of ailments... I just feel that in the last few months since being diagnosed I have had nothing but health problems (not necessarily connected to the d but all happening at the one time) but I am loosing weight, exercising more and eating healthily - its not fair! Sorry for the moan...

Hey Carol, it's a perfectly justified moan! Sorry to hear this, from what I've learned over the past couple of years frozen shoulder is often linked to diabetes. Hope it doesn't get any worse.

Carol, well done on losing weight etc. Just a note on the frozen shoulder. EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE your shoulder and go to physio. I have had 2 ops on mine and its only now feeling better after 2 years! My Consultant is involved in research about the link between diabetes and frozen shoulder and he said 80% of his patients are diabetic (I.m not) - not sure why though. Take all the advice you can as its not good having a frozen shoulder - very very painful!🙂Bev

yes i think we have discussed this one before, re the link to diabetes 🙄

I have had shoulder problems on and off for many a year, physio didnt help. I find a tens machine eases the pain when it gets bad though.

Carol, look after yourself

Been to the doctor about my sore arm (see prev thread last week) and it turns out that I actually have the early stages of a frozen shoulder. Have to monitor it for a few weeks take painkillers, exercise it and see how it goes but I might need physio. Another thing to add to the list of ailments... I just feel that in the last few months since being diagnosed I have had nothing but health problems (not necessarily connected to the d but all happening at the one time) but I am loosing weight, exercising more and eating healthily - its not fair! Sorry for the moan...

Hi there,
frozen shoulder can be a complication of diabetes. Glucose attachs to the collagen in the ligaments and stiffens them up. Its also more common in women than men.

Carol well done on the weight loss, look after yourself hun x

Well done with the weight loss, you are doing all the righ things. I hope exercise and physio helps the shoulder.

Many people seem to go through a period of getting everything going and then they get better. I'm sure things will get better for you too.

Thanks everyone, feeling better today not in a grump any more :D x

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Carol, and not as grumpy (boy, are you a grump sometimes! 😉 :D)

LOL :D, Northerner, at least you don't have to live with me... My wonderful hubby has the patience of a saint sometimes :D

Hi i had a frozen shoulder about 6/7 years ago. After a while my doctor recomended a quartazone? injection(it flipping well hurt!)but the best thing was physio at the hospital and lots of exercies at home. I can now nearly straighten up my left arm and it's only about 1 inch shorter than my right arm when i stretch them right up. My doc never mentioned my diabetes may of been the cause. Hope you feel better soon. Sheenax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back