I hate waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Jones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As some of you know, I mentioned that it seemed that my kidneys weren?t too happy and another albumin test was called for... Which I took in last week and was expecting the results at my DSN appointment on the 12th!

But I had a phone call from surgery today, was a bit thrown off as they used my full name, something that rarely used... But apparently some of my results are back (how many tests can they do from one urine sample one wonders) and the doctor would like a consultation with me over the phone, which has been booked for next Tuesday!!!

All sorts are going through my mind at the moment, hubby convinced that I have a UTI (had one back along) but no mention of antibiotics being put out for me was made...

Wonder what can wait a week and can be disgussed over the phone?

Yes, it's so unfair. My son discovered he had a lump and had a scan then GP wrote that they recieved the result and asked him to call for an appointment which was nearly 2 weeks away. It was stressing us so he called an emergency appointment, saying he felt he got an ear infection and we went on the same day then he asked his GP if he could have the result and he did 🙂

Hi Ellie, I'm guessing/hoping it's not that bad if they don't want to call you in immediately. I know how you feel - I have been waiting since Augist to find out just exactly what they found on my retinopathy scan, finally find out this Thursday. They could at least let you know how serious or otherwise it is!

That's exactly how to wind up someone waiting for news - poor you! Fingers crossed it's ok, I know it's no comfort at all but hopefully a week will pass more quickly than you think....

I know it's going to be hard going this week, the kidneys do scare me as they had a bashing several years ago, they attemped to put me on blood pressure tablets but it took my BP lower than I could tollerate... Kept getting dizzy spells...

Mind you while I got the doc on the phone, I shall corner him about my finger, which I broke this time last year and it still gets very painful and stiff...

Just have to sit it out, until next week

As a general rule of thumb, if it is not urgent or dangerous they will give you an appoint ment in the future, within about the next two weeks, but if it needs attention right away you are asked to go in the same day or next day and see someone.

Personally I have found if I am worried I can make an appointment. Sometimes I get the nurse if I want a quick one and then if she is in doubt she will call a doctor in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back