I hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had my eye screening today and it's now been 3 hours and my eyes are really hurting still I'm sitting here with my sunglasses on. Do you think if I took some ibuprofen it would help :confused: it feels like a bad headache is coming. I really hate the feeling of my pupils being like this.

xx

I dont have experience of this yet - we are waiting for the appointment to come through - so will read all i can about it.
I would say take the ibuprofen as it wont do any harm and you could get a banging headache. Try to relax with a cup of tea and a cuddle with Jessica, and I hope you feel better very soon. When do you get the results?🙂Bev

Thanks bev 🙂 should be a couple of days time, only had it done a couple of months ago because they like to keep a close eye on your eyes during pregnancy. Will definately go and take a tablet and have a cup of tea. Can't have a cuddle with Jessica though she's been fast asleep in her car seat since I got back xx

The headache after was the reason I refused to have my eyes tested for a couple of years. So I can sympathise with how you are feeling. Relaxing and keeping the sunglasse son until your pupils are a more normal size should help. I hope you are happy with the results when they come. For the past 2 years they have managed to do it without drops so maybe that would be an option to you in the future.

Thank you Becky for the advice 😉 and sofaraway. I'd love it if they could take the photos without the drops x

My eyes are really annoying me now :( they're still hurting and I've still got the sunglasses on

hey emma late on the thread how are the eyes now hun xxx

I find my eyes hurt for about 3hours after the test, I can't even look at the computer screen, so I tend to have a nap until I feel better. Not helpful for you with a little one, but you are not alone in the eye/head hurting department.. when I had to see the Opthalmologist for my eyes she would put one ste of drops in, come out and check me and put another set in because I was diabetic as apparently your eyes don't react always to one set!!!! but now that I am back at the diabetic retinopathy screening they only put one set in thank god.

I just wondered... Every time i get the pics taken they dont give me drops, Is this not normal? I used to get them if the doc was looking at the back of my eyes though but not since i started to get the pictures done :confused:

I just wondered... Every time i get the pics taken they dont give me drops, Is this not normal? I used to get them if the doc was looking at the back of my eyes though but not since i started to get the pictures done :confused:

I think it depends on how your pupils react. I'm old, so mine need some assistance!

lol ah well least its normal then 😱 I just go half blind for 5 mins after getting the pics done as opposed to feeling like im half cut after the drops 😉

hey emma late on the thread how are the eyes now hun xxx

Sorry hun only just came on xx

It took until six in the end for them to go back to normal and stop hurting - I had the drops put in at 11:30 😱 how mad is that. It's never taken that long to go back again xxx

Sorry hun only just came on xx

It took until six in the end for them to go back to normal and stop hurting - I had the drops put in at 11:30 😱 how mad is that. It's never taken that long to go back again xxx

how strange hun, one of lifes mysteries huh, pleased they stopped hurting in the end though you did'nt want it going on for days x

Whenever I have thr drops it takes ages for my eyes to go back to normal. If I have a morning appointment I take the afternoon off work to avoid using the computer. If it's an afternoon appointment all I have to worry about is getting back to normal.

If it happens again ask someone to look after Jessica for a couple of hours and try to have a nap as that helps some people, or if Jessica is asleep, you try for a nap too. I found it helped me a couple of times.

Whenever I have thr drops it takes ages for my eyes to go back to normal. If I have a morning appointment I take the afternoon off work to avoid using the computer. If it's an afternoon appointment all I have to worry about is getting back to normal.

If it happens again ask someone to look after Jessica for a couple of hours and try to have a nap as that helps some people, or if Jessica is asleep, you try for a nap too. I found it helped me a couple of times.

That's a really good idea thanks Caroline 🙂 x

That's a really good idea thanks Caroline 🙂 x

When my big boy was little and kept me awake all night, I used to ask my neighbour to come in for a couple of hours just to keep an eye on things while I had a nap. She loved being included, big boy enjoyed her company, I got to sleep so we all had something we wanted!🙂

When my big boy was little and kept me awake all night, I used to ask my neighbour to come in for a couple of hours just to keep an eye on things while I had a nap. She loved being included, big boy enjoyed her company, I got to sleep so we all had something we wanted!🙂

Sound's like heaven Caroline 🙂 When did he start sleeping through the night just out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back