I hate diabetes - circe

Status
Not open for further replies.

circe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Guys, I pray to GOD for a cure, or easier way of treatment to this ghastly progressive disease. I lost my mother, who I loved dearly, and have recently been diagnosed. I find this all VERY sad.

Nobody needs to reply to my message, I just had to post this.

I Hate Diabetes!

p.s and..... I am NOT overweight, DO NOT eat sugar, and work out 6 times a week in the gym.................

Diabetes is not fare, it picks on all the wrong people. Diabetes sucks.

Although our care varies, we are better off than some as we have this forum we can use to get help and advice from on a whole variety of things from a whole variety of people.

Guys, I pray to GOD for a cure, or easier way of treatment to this ghastly progressive disease. I lost my mother, who I loved dearly, and have recently been diagnosed. I find this all VERY sad.

Nobody needs to reply to my message, I just had to post this.

Hi Circe, I moved your posts to a new thread so they wouldn't get overlooked.

Very sorry to hear about your mother circe, and also of your recent diagnosis. There are some hopeful advances in treatments, and much progress has been made. The one advantage of diabetes is that it is a very big market for the companies, so it gets a lot of attention.

You sound like my neighbour - he is slim, active and has always eaten well, yet he was diagnosed Type 2 last December. I immediately thought to myself, 'how can he improve his situation with diet and exercise - he already does all that!' A very large proportion of people are not overweight at diagnosis, it's just that all the campaigns are directed at those who are.

Please ask any questions you may have and we will do the best we can to try and help.

hi circe welcome to the forum x 🙂

Hi Circe,

Sorry for your news.

I'm in the same boat as you type 2 wise but after a few weeks of trying to mentally deal with it after diagnosis, I found that reading these forums was incredibly helpful to guide me and provide a boost when the old chips were down.

Being type 2 diet controlled, I am in awe of the type 1's with all the problems they have to deal with🙂 and feel quite lucky that being fit and 'in weight' means there is hopefully a long time being I head towards pills and insulin.

It's a small silver lining and one I use to keep focussed, I hope that helps you too.

Good luck!

Being a generally positive person myself, I'd rather be fit and have diabetes rather than overweight with diabetes. The latter two do not go well together and cause all sorts of subsidiary problems.

If you are already physically fit, then one would hope that your condition can be controlled and that you will avoid all the future nasties that can occur with being a diabetic.

I hope that will be the case for you.

Also, I'm sorry for your loss, it is a difficult time. I lost my mother in 2001 and whilst the intense feeling of sorrow has diminished since then, not a day goes by when I don't think of her.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back