I HATE blood testing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
25967_401988310762_664210762_557382.jpg
My poor arm!!!! and my fingers arent much better.

Goodness Loubie! I've never tried my arms, I just use my little fingers, but they are rather sore a lot of the time and sometimes refuse to bleed!

That looks so sore you poor thing, i only ever use my kids fingers too and at night time i always rub in E45 cream to keep them soft, seems to work x

Ok then........

I think I know the answer to this before I ask it ..........

Do you know that you are only supposed to use alternative sites (this includes arms) if you haven't eaten within the two hours previous?

This is because you will not get as true a reading as capillary blood from the finger tips.

(running and hiding now......... 😉)

lol, I was told I should be testing on my arm as my fingers get to sore to quickly and I then can't test at all.

I keep forgetting that you don't have as many options as most of us Lou. It must be very difficult to use the lancets too with one hand.

depends on the lancets. I'm glad you forget, to be honest so do I lol !!! Like unpacking my printer few months ago and going to say something then stopping. Alan asked me what I was going to say and bullied me into telling him. I was going to say "Wow this could be really hard if you had one hand" I know, Im special... in more ways than one!! lol x

Oh blimey I forgot about that. What about your toes? That is capillary blood

EWWW! FEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Oh blimey I forgot about that. What about your toes? That is capillary blood

We just had a discussion about using toes and most thought you shouldn't what with it being your feet and everything. :(

I wonder if something like a Dexcom would be available for someone in your position Lou? You'd still need fingerstick (or arm!) tests, but maybe not so many.

http://www.dexcom.com/

We just had a discussion about using toes and most thought you shouldn't what with it being your feet and everything. :(

I wonder if something like a Dexcom would be available for someone in your position Lou? You'd still need fingerstick (or arm!) tests, but maybe not so many.

http://www.dexcom.com/

Toes are fine, then alone with fingers and arms and possibly occaisonally ear lobes there are plenty of places. You just need to keep rotating, thats all then in theory it isn't overload.

Toes are fine, then alone with fingers and arms and possibly occaisonally ear lobes there are plenty of places. You just need to keep rotating, thats all then in theory it isn't overload.

Ah yes i started the discussion on toes and im yet to try it im still nervous about it.Im sticking to my thigh for now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back