I hate basal testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracey w

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
:( Because you have to fast, no other reason. And I like food.

My dsn sent me 5 seperate basal tests that need to be done before my clinic appointment on Monday. I have 5 days to complete, so thats at least 1 a day.

The overnight was ok as i didnt want to eat :D

But today, yowser did the 12pm - 6pm test. Cant eat for previous two hours, but if I had something just before 10 then fast acting would still be working? So consequently didnt have any food only water (as even milk in tea etc affects me quite a lot), from 7am until 6pm. And I was working too.

I wish they had given me more time, only 5 days and working every flippin day too.

I know some of you may say you only need to avoid carbs, but everything affects my numbers I have to bolus for veg/salad etc. So to get true test I have to fast.

sorry just needed a rant..........good news the numbers were steady on both tests so far................bad news I have just had fish and chips and bar of dairy milk whole nut and feel a bit quiffy now, ah well 😱

Never done the basal testing! I've never even heard of it until I joined here. Shouldn't think C would be up for it!

Blimey Tracey, not surprised you don't like them when you get 5 in a row! 😱

5 in a row does seem a bit extreme! , i was told by my dsn basal tests should never be done one after the other and should be done over the space of a couple of weeks for that many, also that i should concentrate on one time block at a time and change one thing at a time so i could see properly what the effect of the change was , good luck though i hate basal tests too and get sooo hungry

Never done the basal testing! I've never even heard of it until I joined here. Shouldn't think C would be up for it!

Another one here thats never heard of it....seems like not a bad thing either!

Bernie xx 🙂

Good luck with the remainder.

A necessary evil. Unless your basal is right you haven't a chance in getting your bolus doses to behave.

5 in a row does seem a bit extreme! , i was told by my dsn basal tests should never be done one after the other and should be done over the space of a couple of weeks for that many, also that i should concentrate on one time block at a time and change one thing at a time so i could see properly what the effect of the change was , good luck though i hate basal tests too and get sooo hungry

Completely agree, however, pump clinic Monday, sent form with 5 basal tests to be completed by then, only recieved Thursday 😡, and working every day. Today I had no breakfast and couldnt eat until 1pm, I tell ya if anyone dare come near me today Id of ripped their head off 😱 Lucky they didnt, he he. Typical they dont understand how difficult to do one after the other.

I have recorded got one more left tomorrow! But not changed anything as I want them all to be true results.

Good luck with the remainder.

A necessary evil. Unless your basal is right you haven't a chance in getting your bolus doses to behave.

Thanks, yes you are so right. It has focused me though. All but one test has been perfect so I know I need to change basal there, and not ratio as previously thought. It will be worth it. 😱

Cant you eat carb free food? When we have done this with Alex he has eaten cheese and bacon - although it might be different for children as the team recognise its harder to make them go hungry! Or could you eat some fish or something like pork scratchings?🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back