I got chills, they're multiplying

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I can feel the temperature rising. I ache all over and by dose is all bugged up. Anyone know anything I can take to ease the symptoms? I used to take Lemsip but obviously that's out now. I'm going back to bed.

are you loooosing control......with the power we're supplying....is it electrifying....?:D

You better shape up .....cos you need a man.......is your heart set on anyone....?

Sorry - couldnt resist! Anyway, Ibuprofen, 2 hours later paracetamol, 2 hours later ibuprofen and so on - just dont take more than the recommended on the box. Hope you feel better soon.🙂Bev

Best ask a pharmacist - they're particularly good at recommending "OTC" over the counter medications. For high temperature, paracetamol (which is in Lemsip - always check so that you don't overdose) is good; for blocked up nose, there are lots of sprays and drops. Lemsip (and other cold remedies) are also available as tablets or capsules. However, one sachet of Lemsip only contains about a teaspoon of sugar, so you might consider that OK?

Have you any olbas oil, put some on a tissue under your pillow (if you go back to bed). You could try a steam inhalation with the olbas oil or eucalyptus if you have it, that may help with the stuffiness.

Have you any olbas oil, put some on a tissue under your pillow (if you go back to bed). You could try a steam inhalation with the olbas oil or eucalyptus if you have it, that may help with the stuffiness.

Tried that, I put a few drops in a bowl of boiling water and disappeared under a towel, it made my eyes water but that's it, didn't shift the congestion at all. I'm wheezing like a pair of rusty bellows but at least my temp has come down a bit.:(

Bev, that's it exactly.:D

Vicks vapour rub is good for congestion, if you rub it around your throat before you go to bed the vapour will be inhaled and help ease the congestion.

Olbas oil, paracetamol (for fever) and a hot drink of your choice. Last time i went to Boots and asked them for cold relief meds they wouldn't sell me anything with a decongestant in it coz i was stupid enough to mention i had diabetes (look...i had a head cold, i wasn't thinking straight...). Thier best suggestion was paracetamol and bed, but i can't see Olbas or vick doing anybody any harm (just don't get it in your eyes). Hope you feel better soon🙂

night nurse capsules, i took them through the day and night but not recommended in the day if you are planning on going to work/driving etc
but they do work and help you rest when you feel terrible.
Not worth taking lemsips coz they dont work so your not missing much! 😉

mt step son swears by beecheams flu + But the reason it works cos its got LOADS of caffine in it xxx are you taking your brown puffer aswell at mo ?

The first time I had a cold, I asked about using lemsip or beechams hot lemons and was told the sugar they have is minimal, but to be safe ask for advice. The pharmacist or NHS Direct are there to help.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hope you soon feel much better, there are so many germs still floating about and I seem to have had most of them! Don't forget to check for ketones whilst you are ill. Love Karen.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back