I forgot to take my insulin last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Not well at moment and decided to have a death by duvet evening. I normally take my insulin at 830pm it was not until about 5 minutes ago I realized that I had forgot to take it:( I know you cant take two doses less than 12 hours apart, so its no good me taking it now). Guess who's feeling a wee bit stupid

Aw Gail! It happens, so try not to worry about it now. Try to keep your carbs low today to lessen the impact. Would it be possible to take half your injection, as you have pre-filled syringes? Can you contact your doctor for advice? Keep an eye on your levels and stay well hydrated, and take care.

Aw Gail! It happens, so try not to worry about it now. Try to keep your carbs low today to lessen the impact. Would it be possible to take half your injection, as you have pre-filled syringes? Can you contact your doctor for advice? Keep an eye on your levels and stay well hydrated, and take care.

aww gail, hope you're ok. maybe we should bang our heads together!
I preume you mean your background insulin? please correct me if i'm wrong!
i've done that before and in take half the amount of levemir in the morning and then go back to normal that evening, and its quite effective for me.

If its not a background insulin then like Northener suggests just keep your carbs low and possibly test more regularly, especially if your not feeling well too.

Thanks have now just realised that I didt take my night time meds as well, My medi wallet is sitting here on computer table glaring at me saying whos been a silly cow then. So thats my Risperidone(anti pyscotic) , Seroxat (anti depresent) and my Temazepam gone for the day WHOOPS

It wont be the last time you do it, I know I have done it many times, and will again, hope your back to your old self quickly..............

Im gonna be honest here maybe to honest Im not sure if it was a case of I dont want to take the meds as I have had enough or a case of I really did forget mmmmmmm Have taken this mornings meds ok so hopefully it was an I forgot blip

Im gonna be honest here maybe to honest Im not sure if it was a case of I dont want to take the meds as I have had enough or a case of I really did forget mmmmmmm Have taken this mornings meds ok so hopefully it was an I forgot blip

I hope so too Gail - we want you to stay well! 🙂

yeah make sure you keep taking your meds, you're on them for a reason- to help you get better and live a normal life, and we all want you to stay well 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back