I forgot my insulin before

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,
Never done this before, felt very sick, i didnt know why, tested my blood it came up 'hi' which means to high for the reader.
I cant belive i forgot, the cat knocked it off the sofa just as i was about to eat tea ,and then i just forgot to take it.
So i have taken it now, i usally take 18, but as its nealry time to take my insulatard i dont want to overdose on it and have only taken 16. Im going to have it in about half an hour.
Feel so sick anyone got any ideas to help me out?
xx:confused:

Check for ketones. What's your correction dose for when you're not high? I was told at the hospital to double the correction ratio; for me my normal correction dose ratio is one unit of novorapid brings my blood down by two, doubled I would need two units of novorapid to bring about the same result. I was told to check my blood and correct every two hours. Get as much fluid on board as possible. That'll help flush out ketones if you have any.

Forgot to mention, you need to check and correct (correction if necessary) every two hours. If it doesn't get back to acceptable ranges you should get to A&E.

Id second what Tom has said , plenty of fluids and keep checking and correct if needed . let us know how you get on though 🙂

Thank you both. Feel quite sick.
Blood now reading on meter 20.1. Its not good buts its reading it now.
Also no ketones.
Going to take insulatard and go bed, but will set alarm to test it in the night.
My parnter is going to check on me in the night too, although i wish he was my mum, she is always an angel 🙂

I cant belive i have forgotten it, i have never forgot to take it before, i have left it at home and had to not eat what i have bought at a cafe and get the 45min bus back to my hous and then do a 20min walk, to take it and eat dinner,but never forgot to take it.

xxx

Thank you both. Feel quite sick.
Blood now reading on meter 20.1. Its not good buts its reading it now.
Also no ketones.
Going to take insulatard and go bed, but will set alarm to test it in the night.
My parnter is going to check on me in the night too, although i wish he was my mum, she is always an angel 🙂

I cant belive i have forgotten it, i have never forgot to take it before, i have left it at home and had to not eat what i have bought at a cafe and get the 45min bus back to my hous and then do a 20min walk, to take it and eat dinner,but never forgot to take it.

xxx

Hi Phoebe , I hope you feel better soon . take care . 🙂🙂

Morning, well after a night of tossing one of the worse nights of sleep ever, im ok.
Blood at 2 am 11.9 , at which point i thought id try and sleep through till 8.
Blood now reads 4.1.

Very tired and thristy but ok.

Thank you all for your help and support. I love this forum. Its so great to know that there are people out there that can help beacuse they have been there before. and that really do understand.

Im going to have a big cup of tea and some yummy ready brek now 🙂

morning Phoebe sorry seems to have missed this post , im pleased your feeling better mm the ready brek sounds yummy x hope you have a nice day

Morning, well after a night of tossing one of the worse nights of sleep ever, im ok.
Blood at 2 am 11.9 , at which point i thought id try and sleep through till 8.
Blood now reads 4.1.

Very tired and thristy but ok.

Thank you all for your help and support. I love this forum. Its so great to know that there are people out there that can help beacuse they have been there before. and that really do understand.

Im going to have a big cup of tea and some yummy ready brek now 🙂

Morning Phoebe , Im glad to hear you're ok today 🙂 Take Care 🙂

Phoebe, so glad to hear that you got through it OK!🙂 Bet you won't do that again in a hurry!😱😉

Good to see that you're better now Phoebe. Keep up the fluid intake. :D Take care.

Tom

Phoebe, so glad to hear that you got through it OK!🙂 Bet you won't do that again in a hurry!😱😉

Haha, i hope i never do it again. I cant belive how i forgot something i have been doing four times a day for the past 4 years.

Im still blaming the cat haha :D
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back