I don't understand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I ate lunch - 90carbs for sausage roll, crisps and a chocolate bar.
My ratio is 1:5 so 90 carbs works out at 18 units.

2 hours later - 12.4

Bloods before 7.6

HUH!!!! Why has my insulin intake fluctuated so much in the past few weeks from needing to take almost nothing to needing to take a bucket load. Been sitting out in the sun for 3 hours doing nothing.

Last edited:
Lou

I would not correct for this, it may just be a spike which goes back down - check again in a couple of hours to see.
What type of sandwich was it - if it was white bread, that is quite fast acting carb so you may need to take your insulin before you eat to stop the spikes. When do you inject?

Look whose talking though - I have massive problems with spikes - what do I know????

Rx

Did you check that you got all your carb measurements correct? thats normally the easiest explanation. double check the packets of the bread, the filling, the crisps and the choc and make sure that you look at the right bit, for example with the chocolate bar make sure you get the contents per bar and not per 100g and things like that.

if you still can't work out why then maybe look back at results of the past week or so and see if theres any odd patterns.

hope that helps and good luck 🙂

It was a sausage roll not a sandwich - my bad lol I usually have sandwich but fancied something different.

I wont correct yet but it just really bums me out that it can fluctuate so much =( x

Did you check that you got all your carb measurements correct? thats normally the easiest explanation. double check the packets of the bread, the filling, the crisps and the choc and make sure that you look at the right bit, for example with the chocolate bar make sure you get the contents per bar and not per 100g and things like that.

if you still can't work out why then maybe look back at results of the past week or so and see if theres any odd patterns.

hope that helps and good luck 🙂

Yup I even got my cousin to check who was with me =(

No patterns just high after a couple of weeks being low =(

oh - does not sound like a spike then. Have you done a lot less exercise or anything today compared to normal?

sat in the sun - thats bout it. I don't do exercise anyway! Though should lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back