I did it!!!!!!!

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
When I nearly died and was then diagnosed with diabetes at 2 years old I don't think the prognosis for life expectancy was certainly great. To be honest with everything I read growing up I made the most of my years because I didn't expect to reach past a certain age. This has been highlighted when diabetic friends have died over the years, including a special friend who was only a few days older than me and died this summer.
I am therefore thrilled that today is my 56th Birthday and in true diabetes style drinking sugary Coke to stop a hypo!!! I wish my Mum was still alive to see that I've got to this Birthday (and I plan many more).
I received my most brilliant Birthday present yesterday when I was told that I now have the funding to make my pump a hybrid pump using the Medtronic 780 and Guardian 4 sensors - I had self funded some of the sensors earlier in the year and they made a world of difference to me so getting the funding is a very special gift.
Apologies, I think this post rambles a bit - I'm a bit hungover after having Birthday Eve drinks last night of gin fizz - rhubarb gin with prosecco 🙂

Brilliant!

Ramble all you like - we don't mind - and Happy Birthday. I hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt rotten.

@AJLang we all ramble on here a bit occasionally, however I think you are definitely allowed to especially today :party: Happy Birthday :star:

ramble away i do Well done

That's excellent news! Have a really splendid birthday!

Yes excellent news and May you celebrate in fine style.
Best wishes for your continued living your best life and May it be an extremely long and happy one.

@AJLang have a very happy birthday with many more to come. Brilliant news yesterday. Enjoy your day today.

Happy birthday Amanda.
Have a great day.

Happy birthday @AJLang

And wishing you many many more!

Hope the MM780 works really well for you. And congrats on the funded sensors 🙂

You can ramble on to your hearts content @AJLang...Don't let anyone tell you can't.. by the way...happy birthday and here's hoping there's many more birthdays to come.

Last edited:
Happy birthday!!

I'm loving the sound of gin fizz :D

A very Happy Birthday and many more of them !!! :party::party::party:

Fab news all round Amanda. Congratulations!

So pleased that you will be getting HCL soon and hope it works out really well for you. I imagine it must be a big relief to know that your sensors will now be funded.
Hope you are having a really lovely Birthday. Wishing you all the very best!

Yee Hah to the funding, Amanda! Doesn't seem that long ago that I kept nagging you to ask for a pump, to me.
Many happy returns indeed.

I'm just not fond of prosecco - bit too sec to drink for pleasure, thanks - so you're welcome to drink mine too!

Sooo pleased Amanda. Long overdue. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Amazing story and so inspiring - fantastic news - big love to you and all the Diabetes Community<3

Belated Many Happy Returns. Fabulous news. 🙂

Back