I did a silly thing.......and now have a hole in my foot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, the title probably says it all....

For as long as I can remember I've had a small circle of dry skin on my foot, not a verruca but left behind from one I had as a child.
Last night I managed to catch it on the floor and ripped it off, owwwww! Then, clearly not satisfied with being stupid enough to walk around bare foot I then thought it would be a good idea to try and remove the rest, with a needle....! Now I know there is no way I should have done this, why I did it I have no idea but I'm now left with what can only be described as a hole in my foot. It didnt hurt last night but now I can hardly walk on it. I'm now having images of my foot falling off.....ok maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but I am worried I've done some real damage.
Managed to get an appointment with the nurse this afternoon to see if there's anything I can do with it.
Can't quite believe myself, I know full well what the rules are with feet and diabetes, grrrrr

Hope your foot heals quickly. I have to say though I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that!

Sounds nasty, but you really shouldn't do things like that, you could get a bad infection in your foot.

Anyway good luck with the nurse hope it gets sorted ok.

Aymes - what were you thinking? I hope the nurse shouts at you and I hope you NEVER do anything so silly again! Your grounded!😱:DBev

p.s. Hope the foot feels better soon.🙂

ouch aymes hope it heals quick, you naughty girl you x

I think the major problems come from not noticing when you get infected wounds. The fact that you've picked up on it pretty quickly bodes well.

I hope it heals quickly and don't pick at your feet with needles in future!! 🙂

Andy

Thats like one of those things you know you should not do but just cannot help it.

I would have probably done the same thing.

But i hope that your foot is ok.

Can't criticise, I walk round in bare feet or socks every chance I get. Hope the hole is not too huge and soon gets better...

Can't criticise, I walk round in bare feet or socks every chance I get. Hope the hole is not too huge and soon gets better...

You naughty people it was strongly advised when we had the chropodist at the x-pert course (caroline listen up you will see her in last week 😛) that we never wore bare feet at any time .

You naughty people it was strongly advised when we had the chropodist at the x-pert course (caroline listen up you will see her in last week 😛) that we never wore bare feet at any time .

For as long as I can remember people have been telling me off for not wearing shoes. I know I should wear shoes, only yesterday I knocked a glass out of the cupboard and it shattered on the kitchen floor...

I should add that I was wearing my shoes at the time, I can't climb ladders barefoot and I wanted to put something on a top shelf!

Last edited:
I had something similar once. I managed to impale my foot on some railings (don't ask how). A friend who is a chiropodist went mad at me the next day and took me to the minor injuries clinic at the hospital. They just put my foot in an antiseptic bath for a bit to make sure it did not get infected. It was pretty sore for a while, but healed up fine.

Let us know how you get on with the nurse.

I'm always wandering about barefoot, must be some hippy in me still as I hate shoes. I suppose I should stop that now. I hope your foot gets better soon AM, and you won't be doing that again will you?

Silly Aymes - I do hope it gets better soon (and I probably would have done the same thing). Let us know how it goes with the nurse.

Well, my foot's not going to fall off!!!

It's quite sore and deep but she said it's very clean and doesn't look infected or anything. Have a dressing on it and need to keep an eye while it heals but she said it looks like it won't be a problem.

I will promise now not to attack my feet with a needle again. Don't know if anything will convince me not to walk around barefoot though, I do know all the reasons why I shouldn't but hate wearing shoes in the house!

It's quite sore and deep but she said it's very clean and doesn't look infected or anything. Have a dressing on it and need to keep an eye while it heals but she said it looks like it won't be a problem.

I will promise now not to attack my feet with a needle again. Don't know if anything will convince me not to walk around barefoot though, I do know all the reasons why I shouldn't but hate wearing shoes in the house!

Go for slippers then, big pink fluffly ones :D

graham has lots of eczema on one foot and i am worried for him so you should be more careful !!!!

Glad your foot isn't going to fall off..lol

I hate being barefoot, I always have to have something on my feet.. stems from when I was a kid and was barefoot at home and trod on a thumb tack which stuck in my big toe, ever since then I have worn socks or slippers. When I see people walking barefoot outside it almost makes me feel sick..

Glad to hear your foot's gonna make it.🙂 That is exactly the kind of silly thing i'd do myself.
I hate wearing shoes indoors, about the only time i make an effort to do so is in the autumn at my parent's house coz they have a sweet chestnut tree next to the house and the spines are horrible if they get in your skin, diabetic or not! I don't go outside barefoot though, unless sandals count, and they maybe should.
Grrrrr annoying diabetes shoe police!!!! One of the first things people said to me when i was diagnosed was "you'll have to wear sturdy, sensible shoes now..." . Which i interpreted as boring, plain, unsightly shoes. Not that my work shoes are impractical and i'm not a huge heel wearer but heck, i like shoes as much as the next girl. Another reason this disease sucks!

Rachel

bare feet on grass is the best feeling ever!! theres no way diabetes is guna stop me doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back