SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
results

5.6 at 8.30
9.0 at 9.30
13.4 at 11.00

😱😱

What does this meaaaaaaaan? Is this glucose dump????

Looks like it Sam, given that you started at 5.6 which would suggest that your basal level is set correctly (any more levemir and you might night-hypo). I'd suggest trying it again tomorrow morning, but have a little something non-carb to see if that stops your liver overreacting.

That's the problem with that time period, you get up and your body wants some glucose to get up and go, so kindly it gives you some. Alan is right perhaps this is perhaps one time when a small non carb snack might help but it also shows why the regular meals do help with control. I think that on MDI the most important period to get right is overnight, with a lowish fasting glucose, after that you are normally eating at about 5 hour intervals so the bolus insulin is active for much of the day.

The morning rise works in my favour for fasting tests otherwise I'd never manage them without going hypo.

Compared to others I'm not that well informed, but would be surprised to hear that a dump would happen all the way up into mid morning, I was under the impression that it's a dawn thing?? But as I said I know nothing🙄😛

Do you split your dose? Would that help or just complicate it all??

good luck!🙂

I am new to this as well so cant offer much im afraid! the only thing i have read is that if you starve yourself of food, the body thinks that its not going to get any food for a long time so the 'helpful' liver actually produces glucose so the body can turn it into energy!

Hope this helps, but someone correct me if i am wrong its just what i read 🙂

i know what a glucose dump is, and how it works.

rossi, i tried splitting my dose, it failed epically. And yep, they can happen that far into the morning especially if you don't eat - stupid body.

I am new to this as well so cant offer much im afraid! the only thing i have read is that if you starve yourself of food, the body thinks that its not going to get any food for a long time so the 'helpful' liver actually produces glucose so the body can turn it into energy!

Hope this helps, but someone correct me if i am wrong its just what i read 🙂

That's my understanding too D_G 🙂

My DP used to hit at about 9.30 - 10. Think it varies from individual to individual (like everything else we have to deal with!).

Dont be fooled by the "dawn" part - its not a hard and fast rule.

My DP used to hit at about 9.30 - 10. Think it varies from individual to individual (like everything else we have to deal with!).

Dont be fooled by the "dawn" part - its not a hard and fast rule.

Seems like there aren't any "hard & fast" rules!🙄

Hi Sam

I have never done a basal test in the morning because of it being affected by the dreaded DP. When I have done them I have had breakfast, and if I am in the right range 5 hours or so later at lunch time had a carb free meal then, and seen how my levels are in the afternoon.

whoever named it the dawn phenomenen lied. THEY LIED I TELL YOU 😱

I have to eat breakfast or my BG shoots up in the mid morning.... 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back