i can't win

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i had horrendus control before the pump , witch has now been sorted out , i now have good control but bad everything else:( my feet have got worse and drive me nuts day and night , my eyes are awfull and im practicly blind in the mornings (this is also making me feel dizy because i struggle to focus) and my energy lvls are non existent , im grumpy and a bit misserable about the whole situation , it has left me wondering if its been too little too late , the dammage is done and i feel like an oap , to top it all im hardly eating because food is becoming an issue and im scared im gonna calculate wrong and mess it all up , im just a big mess atm :(

sorry for the moan , but its all getting on top of me

Hi Bex sorry to hear your feeling low at the moment i think it gets to us all hun, have you seen the GP about things hun? i have bad feet and they ache day and night got neuropathy in them but nothing to take to sort them out by 5 o clock i can hardly walk they sting so bad but i just grin and bare it most of the time, do you talk to kev about things? i know he is not diabetic but having a partner or freind to unload some of the problems is a good thing.x

Please dont feel like your alone in this hun you can be certain of the fact that if your having a down day we will try our best to perk you up xx

hugs xx

It's not fair is it bex? I wonder if it's just down to the fact your body is getting used to the new, lower and more settled levels so you're getting the transient neuropathy and eyesight problems? If you're not eating much, then that might explain your lack of energy - have you tried calculating the calories you're consuming to see how it matches up to the recommendations? Worth a chat with the DSN or doctor to see how common it is to feel like this and if anything can be done. I hope it's a phase that quickly passes! 🙂

It's not fair is it bex? I wonder if it's just down to the fact your body is getting used to the new, lower and more settled levels so you're getting the transient neuropathy and eyesight problems? If you're not eating much, then that might explain your lack of energy - have you tried calculating the calories you're consuming to see how it matches up to the recommendations? Worth a chat with the DSN or doctor to see how common it is to feel like this and if anything can be done. I hope it's a phase that quickly passes! 🙂

i hope it is just this transient thing , im waiting on dsn phoning me up
as for eating i know im not getting the recomended daily calories , i have never eaten bfast as i just cant eat anything at that time in the morning , just coffee , most days i miss lunch ( i have been good today and had some) and i normally have a big dinner ,i dont deliberately not eat though its just the day goes by and i realise i havn't eaten , i dont get hunger pangs infact i very rarely feel hungry atall ,
i dont know , i just feel like there something going on with me that may not be diabeties related , im always soo tired like chronicly tired , to quote lol cats 'i tried to get out of bed but got tired' , and i think thats why im not eating as much as littleraly going to the kitchen to make somethng to eat wears me out
i dunno
im rambling lol

Sounds like possibly you may be lacking in some vitamin or something like that, perhaps due to your eating habits? I never used to eat breakfast before I got diagnosed, but have now got into the habit. How about some fruit juice in the morning? On a pump you should be able to work out when it spikes and clobber it with a bolus at the right time 🙂 It would be some calories and vitamins and fairly easy to knock back whilst you're waiting for the kettle to boil for your coffee!

hi bex, sorry to hear your feeling down at the moment hun.
could your tiredness be due to a lack of b12? when i got digonosed with diabetes they also dignosed b12 defiency, i now get injection every 3 months for life, i havent noticed a big differance (i could still sleep around the clock) but they say it could take a few months to see any benifits. i also have neuopathy in both feet due to diabetes an b12 an take pregabalin 3 times a day and have noticed a little bit of improvment.
it might be worth asking about getting a blood test to be sure.

well i saw the doc yesterday..... th update is...

apparantly i have dangerously low blood pressure and she was suprised i was still standing , no advice though , although she did mention 2 things just to scare the *&^%^& out of me autonomic neuropathy ..sorry bout the spelling
or something else i cant remember what she called it , any way typical pants gp , has done nothing.... i have to have a blood test next monday and then go back 2 see her next thursday....
in the mean time i still feel like death :( along with being left wondering what the heck is going on with me , i am decidedly grumpy to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back