I asked an “AI” to write a “song about being Diabetic.”

Satan’s little helper

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes, this is what I got. I did stipulate the music genre & gender of the singer. But the rest? Without any other input let AI take over on the topic and spew out this lament. The artwork & title are AI generated too.

@Satan’s little helper this is both amazing and horrifying, it sounds real like demo track, but there's no author and no copyright and no "difficult artiste" to contend with! How does AI know which words to hold note on, or how to interpret broad term like "rock"? As if streaming services weren't destroying new music enough by paying tiny amounts of royalties, this could be the future of music, with holograms for "live performances", hoping this will be used as "tool" instead of replacement for human artists in the creative industries, ugh! :confused:

@Satan’s little helper this is both amazing and horrifying, it sounds real like demo track, but there's no author and no copyright and no "difficult artiste" to contend with! How does AI know which words to hold note on, or how to interpret broad term like "rock"? As if streaming services weren't destroying new music enough by paying tiny amounts of royalties, this could be the future of music, with holograms for "live performances", hoping this will be used as "tool" instead of replacement for human artists in the creative industries, ugh! :confused:
Let's just say. If this was a real artist penning these lyrics & performing in a festival tent? I'd walk away. Lol, "but it's the life that I chose," bit realy made me wince.

I was hoping for a no holds, don't pull punches with views on this composition. Literally, nobodies feelings will get hurt.

Last edited:
Literally, nobodies feelings will get hurt.
I wonder if that is intentional.
AI engines have guardrails which should stop things like offending others or sharing sensitive information, etc.
However, people are trying to find ways around this.
For example, ChatGPT would not tell you how to break into a bank. However, it could write a movie script about someone breaking into a bank.

I wonder if that is intentional.
AI engines have guardrails which should stop things like offending others or sharing sensitive information, etc.
However, people are trying to find ways around this.
For example, ChatGPT would not tell you how to break into a bank. However, it could write a movie script about someone breaking into a bank.
As far as feelings getting hurt. I meant this was no particular “person with diabetes” wearing their heart on the sleeve?
I feel the lyrics have been sourced from countless posts & blogs from T1s culminating in the lyrics of this song.
Though my prompt was “a song about being diabetic.” I could just as easily asked “chatGPT” for poetry.
By contrast. This is what happened when I tried creative writing & wanted a Suzi Quatro to have a crack.

Last edited:
@Satan’s little helper I politely dissed your AI composition with my snarky nod to "holograms" like Nintendo Gameboy graphics on live green screen with very overpriced tickets as in "what morons would pay to watch this CGI fugly fest?" thanks Abba and the greedy Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson Estates! The last few lines were the worst, I'm sure as depressed teenager I wrote whiny bad poetry in my diary which I've since burned that was more sincere... Feel the burn ha! 😉

@Satan’s little helper I politely dissed your AI composition with my snarky nod to "holograms" like Nintendo Gameboy graphics on live green screen with very overpriced tickets as in "what morons would pay to watch this CGI fugly fest?" thanks Abba and the greedy Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson Estates! The last few lines were the worst, I'm sure as depressed teenager I wrote whiny bad poetry in my diary which I've since burned that was more sincere... Feel the burn ha! 😉
Hey, I’m taking no credit for this. Had a quiet night last Friday, found an online AI music generator which spewed out this total word salad. 🙂
I also tried a crack at the sort of thing one would do as a “best man” speech? It sounded like the pop band “Steps” doing a Eurovision jingle for my mate’s business, (when I banged the details in.) then had a pretty catchy “earworm” hook about keeping the fellow off the phone.
Also another mate’s details along with the “king’s guard horses.” It sounded like the Jam extrapolating the nags missed my friend & they made a run for it?

I’ve come to the conclusion everyone’s experience is different. As I sit calmly fixing a hypo I tossed this word salad into the AI blender just to see if it could “empathise?”

More word salad tossed into A1 last night, based on a topic I saw recently. To my taste Country music always sounds depressing for some reason.

Back