i am such a plonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinnie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
just had to phone n.h.s 24 as i injected my humanlog instead of my lanus 14 lovely units totally panic eating lovely porriage with jam the now got to do test though the night feel such a prat has anyone else done that mixed up your insulin if you have any advice

would just keep testing to make sure you don't suddenly plummet at some point and make sure you eat enough to be confident about it.

(oooh, if that were 14 u of novorapid, i'd probably eat some cake, some toast and honey and some juice! but that's just me dreaming...!)

done that way too many times to count. Keep an eye on your levels hun and let us know how you get on

thanks guys this is the first time i have done it i feel so panicky the nurse on the phone was lovely really reasureing

Ive never dont the wrong one, but Ive done Lantus twice a few times! Felt like such an idiot afters...

What advice did you get??

hi just to eat something the now and check my bs at 2 in the morning and have something to eat then and not to take my lanus tonite any probs just to phone back

Oh thats nice. I always wonder what sort of advice is on offer!

well its now 1 30 in the morning i am shattered just check bs and its 4.7 :(

Hope you managed to get some sleep and your levels are ok.Scary thing that.

We all do daft things sometimes. One day hubby accidentally took an extra pain killer (one more than he should). NHS direct was able to give reassurance for that as he wasn't at the maximum dose, and I took one more pill than I should have one day, I just kept an eye on things and as it was metformin, visted the bathroom a lot!

I hope you managed to get some sleep and had no adverse reactions, must have been worth an extra treat for you just in case...

hi guys well went to sleep about 4 in the morning up at 8.50 checked bs and its was 7.2 so i will go back to bed this afternoon just know bs are going to high today as no lantus last nite thanks everyone just logging on here last nite was reasurring u are all brilliant🙂

gald you ok twinnie xx have a good sunday snooze x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back