I am SO FED UP of getting things wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

I really do not understand. I had pasta bake, and my usual 16 units with it. Which I thought would be too much. I didn't even eat that much. But now here I am feeling like poop again!!!!!!!! Its REALLY getting to me and I kind of want to cry!

THIS IS NOT COOL. Stupid stupid diabetes can sod RIGHT off now. Seriously. I just DO NOT care about it anymore. I don't want this stupid diease, i want to be NORMAL!

You haven't got it wrong though. Jessica had pasta earlier and she is 18.1.

For us on a pump it should be so much easier and I gave her insulin dribbling in over 4 hours to cover the spike and I bloody missed it, she spiked anyway.

Pasta is so hard. Some people split the injection you know. Do half before eating and half two hours later. Pasta is soooooo tricky and I didn't begin to see that until pumping.

Don't beat yourself up please, you are only human and it will hurt 🙂

Babe, you're still getting over that cold you had, you're working harder than you've done in ages, in the cold and rain. And as exciting as the new job is, you're stressed to the max trying to make a good impression. Hardly surprising if your numbers are all over the place. Give yourself a break.

gone up to 23.4 :( oh poop...I've had my lantus and had an 8 unit correction. I hope it sorts itself soon :(

18.8 so getting the right way

thank you lovelies, and Ally you're right. I thought the cold had gone but obviously a mizture of having the day off, cold remnants and stressing over nano has gotten to me today. On the plus side, Ive just hit 23k on the word count

i think i need bed though...

AlisonM has said it all - diabetes is hard enough, so give yourself a break! The odd "bad" number is not the worst thing in the world. Hope you have a good day today. And sounds like thesis is going well - assuming those 23000 words all make sense and are referenced!

Hi Sam,

Pasta can be a real bummer - try fresh pasta as it's lower in carbs. You can get packets with enough for two for under a pound in a big supermarket.

I eat pasta of any kind in small quantities as it sends my numbers through the roof.

You're lucky you can correct, for me it just increases my HbA1c a bit. Unless I can burn it off.

This may sound stoopid but apparently it's true....... Have something acidic with it to lower the GI of whatever you're eating. So if it's a fish pasta bake squirt some lemon juice on it.

Last edited:
AlisonM has said it all - diabetes is hard enough, so give yourself a break! The odd "bad" number is not the worst thing in the world. Hope you have a good day today. And sounds like thesis is going well - assuming those 23000 words all make sense and are referenced!

Thanks Copepod :D

Its not my thesis, thats a few years away yet :D I'm doing a writing competition :D

grrrrrrrr 18.8 and all because i didnt weigh my breakfast

it probably doesnt help sitting around writng this sodding story either 😡

Salmonpuff, I'm assuming it's sunny in your part of the world? Well, get out there for a bit. Write when it's dark. 23,000 words is one heck of a competition entry - good luck with it (and your thesis in a few years). I've only just come indoors after cycling round town, sorting out ducks in our garden etc - and only because I need to check plane times for collecting friends from airport, and then I need to do my evening class homework when the light starts fading.

Salmonpuff, I'm assuming it's sunny in your part of the world? Well, get out there for a bit. Write when it's dark. 23,000 words is one heck of a competition entry - good luck with it (and your thesis in a few years). I've only just come indoors after cycling round town, sorting out ducks in our garden etc - and only because I need to check plane times for collecting friends from airport, and then I need to do my evening class homework when the light starts fading.

It is indeed sunny, i think we might go to town later on for it. I've just promised myself that I'd hit 25k before I even think of going out 🙂 Plus, I have housework and washing to do today so that might help a bit.

Also, I think my bodys got used to being a bit more active during the day. I had the same problem when I was stuck in the office all afternoon on friday. Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back