I Am New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I Have Just Had Diabetes For About 8 Weeks Having A Awful Time With Meds Ect, My Eyes Are Realy Bad Still Having To Go To Work And On Computer 6 Hrs A Day And Struggling Can Any One Give Me Any Advice Thanks Liz

hi and a warm welcome liz
firstly are you seeing anyone about your eyes? the fact your on pc 6 hours a day is in now way going to help , can you approach your boss or go to the GP and tell him about it and have words? maybe they can find you something else to do as well as use the pc and cut out the usage time , as far as meds are concerned what are you currently taking ?

Last edited:
Hi Liz, welcome to the forum🙂 I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going great. It's early days yet and hopefully you will start to see some improvements before long. Have you spoken to your doctor about work? When I was diagnosed my eyesight was so bad I could hardly read anything for several weeks and I had to use the magnifying facility in Windows in order to read the screen. This is common in the newly diagnosed because high blood sugars affect the sight, but it should return to normal when you start to get your levels uinder control. What medication are you taking? There may be alternatives if they are causing you bad side effects.

Feel free to ask anything you want to know - there are no 'silly' questions and everyone is very friendly!🙂

It takes a while for the sugars to come down, then your eyes will be better. It is worth having a chat with your GP, and if you have your medical exemption certificate you can get a free eye test. It takes two or three months for sugars to come down and for you to notice a difference.

Anything you are worried about, have a chat to your GP about it.

Meanwhile welcome to these forums.

Hello and welcome Liz , I hope you start to feel better soon 🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back