I am bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you wanting to discuss how to improve it, or just wanting to vent?

Are you wanting to discuss how to improve it, or just wanting to vent?
It's not just the last three months, also the 3 months before that, and before that etc.all the docs are useless, more likely me who's useless,so if you got any idea how to fix this for someone who is clearly useless,then thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just the last three months, also the 3 months before that, and before that etc.all the docs are useless, more likely me who's useless,so if you got any idea how to fix this shite for someone who is clearly useless,then thanks
For how long do you think you have been running these kind of numbers ? You must feel pretty rough.

You gotta get yourself some better support … how often are your DN checks?

They don't make any difference anyway
if you do want to get your levels down then either you need to go and see the DSN for help, or you need to read up yourself. The place to start would be with doing a basal test to check your background insulin levels. You can read how to do that on here. There is also the online Bertie course which is free and teaches this. Or you may have had training in the past that you could dig out

Sorry to hear you’ve had a frustrating time with appointments in the past, and haven’t found the suggestions you were offered very helpful or effective.

I think part of the challenge is that diabetes is so variable and so individual - so it’s almost impossible for Consultants and DSNs to make changes to someone’s doses that will just instantly work. It’s better to suggest strategies for the person to understand how to respond in different situations, and how to review amd respond to the data they are getting from sensors etc.

Have you ever been offered a course? Something like DAFNE?

Even if it covers ground you’ve heard or learned before, it could be a good refresher?

If you think it would be difficult to attend group sessions, youncan do these courses online and free.

eg the free BERTIE course here:
www.bertieonline.org.uk

I think that would really help you.

The great thing about those results is that there is plenty of scope to improve them.

You just have to decide you want to do that!

We would be delighted to help you with practical advice if you are interested.
Can you post a typical daily graph so we can see what an average day looks like?

The great thing about those results is that there is plenty of scope to improve them.

You just have to decide you want to do that!

We would be delighted to help you with practical advice if you are interested.
Can you post a typical daily graph so we can see what an average day looks like?
Typical week

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117-135113.jpg
    Screenshot_20221117-135113.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15
I’m sure you can shave a bit off those columns @spell It looks like your basal might need adjusting. Mine changes a number of times each year. Here’s a link to basal testing:

https://www.mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing/

Basically you skip a meal to try to see what your basal does in the absence of food/boluses. You can then gradually work through the 24hrs doing a section at a time. I always do the night first because it’s easiest.

Once you’ve got your basal pretty much right, you can then move on to your mealtime ratios. You don’t have to be perfect but I’m sure that you can improve your results a bit.

Typical week
I asked if we could see a typical day's graph not a weekly average? A day's graph will show us how much fluctuation you are having. Ie are you also having hypos or are your levels all too high. Are you spiking really high after meals and then taking a long time to come back down which would suggest that a longer prebolus time would help (the time between injecting and eating) .... that sort of thing.
Certainly from those averages, it looks like basal adjustment is needed to drop your whole baseline BG but if you are having lots of hypos as well then that might make those worse so a couple typical day's graphs might be helpful to get a better idea of how variable your levels are rather than seeing the averages which will largely balance the peaks and troughs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back