I AM A Diabetic card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Where can I get a "I am a diabetic" card from? The dragon at the doctors said NO😡

Any ideas? Or can someone please tell me what is printed on theirs (Leaving out their own personal details of course!) so I can make my own?

hi tez 🙂

do you have a dsn??? if so you can get them off the dsn. if not i could pm you with all the info you need 🙂

mike

I haven't got any diabetic support from my doctors yet. I'm back there on Friday to have another chat (read very restrained row) about the apparent indifference about my positive attitude towards keeping my BG down.

Please could you PM me the text on your card substituting your personal info with say x's?

Cheers,

ok i will post it here when i can find mine lol

most meter companies also do them maybe they could send you one.

Mine says my name, address, NOK details, insulin dependent diabetes, medications and the medicalert number.
I get mine from medic alert which they update each year

Where can I get a "I am a diabetic" card from? The dragon at the doctors said NO😡

Any ideas? Or can someone please tell me what is printed on theirs (Leaving out their own personal details of course!) so I can make my own?

I got mine from my DSN, she had a good supply of them, shocked that they wouldn't give you one. You can also get them from diabetes uk but I have a feeling they cost about ?1.
May be easier just to make your own, just include any information you think useful eg name, DOB, next of kin contact details, medicines you're on and any other conditions.

i made my own and included what aymes just said , its in my purse all the time

sorry mike dont need it now lol x

lol and wouldnt you know i just found it in my holdall!!!!!! 🙂

but for those who dont have one i will give you the info on it anyway 🙂

mine has on oneside my name, medication im on and also emergency contact number.

then on the otherside it has :- in an emergency

if i am ill, please give me some form of sugar eg: a sugary drink (not the diet version), dextrose tablets, sweets or glucose.

if i am unconscious do not give me anything by mouth. just call a doctor or ambulance immediately.

Last edited:
I don't carry a diabetic warning card at all

...but then I'm an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back