I’m really struggling right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamHim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone, I’m sorry to be writing this but I’m really struggling with everything right now. Some of you might be aware I’ve had little to no interaction from my GP practice and also local hospital.

Having already got mental health issues and not being to get any support it’s left me feeling worthless and very angry, I physically snapped at someone the other day, this isn’t like me at all.

I am not suicidal yet - I keep telling myself I can do this but after being fed basically lies from my Gp practice and the hospital I’m starting to loose faith.

I am struggling to keep going and I just want someone to talk to, is that too much to ask?

Any ideas please ?

Hi @IamLawrie

Very sorry to hear that you're having problems and well done for asking for advice. I'd suggest giving Diabetes UK a call - there's a number at the top of this page 0345 123 2399.

All the very best.

Hi @IamLawrie

Very sorry to hear that you're having problems and well done for asking for advice. I'd suggest giving Diabetes UK a call - there's a number at the top of this page 0345 123 2399.

All the very best.
Thanks very much, I know I should have checked my bloods sooner, im a bit forgetful, 22 - 26 right now. Have checked for Ketones thankfully none.

Thanks very much, I know I should have checked my bloods sooner, im a bit forgetful, 22 - 26 right now. Have checked for Ketones thankfully none.
No ketones is definitely good news. You've taken a correct dose of insulin?

Good stuff. I'd hope that if you give Diabetes UK a call in the morning then they'll be able to start helping out with a chat and advice.

Good stuff. I'd hope that if you give Diabetes UK a call in the morning then they'll be able to start helping out with a chat and advice.
If I remember correctly its best to eat the same times everyday and the same goes for the nighttime insulin too, so to try and get into a good routine. Also exercise etc

Here cheering you on. Definitely give the helpline a call and talk over the current issues.

Here cheering you on. Definitely give the helpline a call and talk over the current issues.
Thanks, means a lot. I’ve since spoken to the out of hours GP who explained a lot to me at 1am this morning, he thinks I’ve slipped through the nets, I could well be type two but need to inject, also he thinks I’m not on enough insulin, really throrough chat. He’s going to write to my GP.

If I remember correctly its best to eat the same times everyday and the same goes for the nighttime insulin too, so to try and get into a good routine. Also exercise etc
background should be done at the same time. Providing you are on separate insulins (long acting and short acting) when you eat shouldn't matter.
If you struggle with remembering, set an alarm to remind you to take your daily one.

Always an open ear on here to talk through struggles but no one can advise on dosage.
Have you ever been told how to adjust your insulins yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back