Hypos treements on a clear liquid diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So as I mentioned I'm got a colonoscopy on Tuesday(sorry for too much information) and 1pm on Monday I'm only allowed to have q clear liquid and no solid food(also no fuzzy drinks Any suggestions on hypo treatment to keep on hand during this time. I've heard apple juice is ok to drink and is lift shots but there pricey any other suggestions (I have got some)

A bottle of lemonade or apple juice will cost under £1. You can let the lemonade go flat first.

A bottle of lemonade or apple juice will cost under £1. You can let the lemonade go flat first.
Yes thanks 🙂 i was thinking of getting some apple juice just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. It was the lift shots I was referring to as being pricey.

That would be less clear, so probably lemonade would be best.
I thought clear liquid meant it had be a clear colour too but it just turns out it just means drinks without milk or bits as long as it's not red liquid.

Yes thanks 🙂 i was thinking of getting some apple juice just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. It was the lift shots I was referring to as being pricey.

They are pricey but brilliant for emergencies - better than Coke. They’re often 3 for the price of 2 so I pick them up then. Not much use to you now, but I always try to keep a few in the cupboard.

I hope your colonoscopy goes well. xx

If you can find jelly that has sugar rather than sweeteners that could be another option (although it often is red... lime jelly maybe?)

(Unless things have changed, back when I was a student nurse about 20 years ago jelly was given to patients on a clear liquid diet in preparation for bowel investigations)

They are pricey but brilliant for emergencies - better than Coke. They’re often 3 for the price of 2 so I pick them up then. Not much use to you now, but I always try to keep a few in the cupboard.

I hope your colonoscopy goes well. xx
I have used a couple in the best and agree they are good. I can still get some as my boats is open on Sundays and they sell them.

Hope the ‘scopy gies well and isn’t too uncomfy @rayray119

If flat fizzy drinks are OK, lucozade apple flavour is quite pleasant, and completely clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back