hypos suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
2 hypos in the space of 45 minutes!!!! I was at 2.7 mmol/L with the first one so downed half a lucozade & a tube of hypo gel then sat there for 30 mins. When I finally did get up I was fine.... for the first 5 minutes then I started to feel shaky, dizzy and sick again so I thought I'd better re-test...... 3.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the ....... How does that work? Downed the other half of the lucozade and another tube of hypo stop. Finally went to bed at midnight at 7.8mol/L.
Again didn't take levemir before bed as I was about to when I got my first hypo. Woke up this morning on 8.4mmol/L.
I seriously don't understand my body or my diabetes anymore.
Any ideas anyone why this could be happening?

*Yeah I copied this to my blog lol it was easier*

Last edited:
Can't offer any suggestions, but how are you feeling now? I'm not sure I understand it all that well either.

I feel weird lol only way to describe it.

I hate hypo's too, do you feel like you've got a hypo hangover today? If your not doing anything different then I can't help but I hope you feel better soon. Maybe only half a bottle of lucozade wasn't enough, did you check after 10 mins to see if you had come up above 4mmols? xxx

nah I didnt. I stopped feeling shaky & was so tired I nearly fell asleep lol. Not doing anything different nopes =( I don't think its a hypo hangover. Its my stomach I feel weird in lol sorry im not much good at explaining it

Maybe you dropped down again because you didn't follow it up with some longer acting carbs. Do you know which insulin caused the hypos?
Hope you are hypo free today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back