hypos and timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hiya guys just a quick question...well 2 really
1st..im on fludrocortizone for my low blood pressure and one of the tings it can do is either make you more or less sensitive to insulin...with me its making me hypo a lot but i havnt as yet seen any kind of pattern to them so am holding off adjusting anything with the pump untill i know what to adjust..now im wondering should i just blanket drop my basal rate but a tiny bit then try and fuigure out time slots or the other way round

2nd..stupidy i started taking these pill in the evening 6.30 and i want to be taking them in the morning do u think it would matter if i missed tomorrows dose in the evening then take them in the morning and continue like that ..coz im supposed to take them exactly 24 hrs apart

thanks in advance 🙂

also i should say before i started taking the pills my basal was perfect

Hi Bex, it's probably only a question that your GP should answer I suspect. Is there anything on the Patient Information Leaflet to say what you should do if you forget a pill? That's almost the same situation as you will (deliberately!) be putting yourself in. Also, some pills are better taken in the evening than the morning, so check if this is the case with yours.

Pump wizardry is beyond me I'm afraid! Sorry, not much help🙄

You need to change the timings of taking the tablet. If you have taken it tonight - set a temp basal of 85% for the period of time when you are likely to hypo.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back