Hypos and lack of insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Did my blood before tea last night was 5.7 and did 3 units of insulin for pretty much a sunday lunch. only carb was mash potato. dunno how many carbs. but also had a KitKat chunky (full size).
Forgot to check before bed and woke up on a 3.4.
Had normal cup of (lift) lemon tea, and cereal bar (harfest chewee) and no insulin. 7.1 at lunch.
Normally have 4 - 5 units for lunch (normal lunch is 1 large cob, apple and packet of crisps). Instead of crisps i today had a 2pack of mrkippling almond slice. I only ad 5 units and now im 4.7.

Ive sat on my backside more today then normal! 😱
Im confussed!

Did my blood before tea last night was 5.7 and did 3 units of insulin for pretty much a sunday lunch. only carb was mash potato. dunno how many carbs. but also had a KitKat chunky (full size).
Forgot to check before bed and woke up on a 3.4.
Had normal cup of (lift) lemon tea, and cereal bar (harfest chewee) and no insulin. 7.1 at lunch.
Normally have 4 - 5 units for lunch (normal lunch is 1 large cob, apple and packet of crisps). Instead of crisps i today had a 2pack of mrkippling almond slice. I only ad 5 units and now im 4.7.

Ive sat on my backside more today then normal! 😱
Im confussed!

Are you still ttc? Maybe its a sign 😉

Or might be the better weather lately 🙄

I can't remember where you're based Akasha? It's been really, really warm today in Birmingham, I was expecting to go low but have actually been runnign high all day.

I had fish and chips last nite, was 6.8 when i got home. 2 1/2 hours later i was 8.8. which i fine, cause i had to drive. Got back to mine and i was 17.7 😱😱 I know fish and chips cause havoc but 10mmol in half hour?!?
Washed hands checked again and was 15.5. no correction dose and woke on a 5.9. :confused:

Lou,
Not technically. trying to get sorted so when do start TTC it will [hopefully] be easier

Shiv, yes your right. south of brum, towards kiddi. and yeash, very warm weather. Thinking of going to work in a bikini if it gets any warmer 😛

Lou
Just been thinking ref you saying TTC, and im just wandering, how soon does it come to light that you may be pregnant?

Lou
Just been thinking ref you saying TTC, and im just wandering, how soon does it come to light that you may be pregnant?

Well it was right away for me, guess its hormones!! I actually found out due to my blood sugars not behaving then had the faintest lines on pregnancy tests, got my scan appointment only for them to say that there was no evidence that i was pregnant :confused: just a "small fluid filled sac" with nowt in it!! went back two weeks later and turned out only to be 6w4days gone, hence why they couldnt see anything before!! 😱 I figured out I was prego b4 my period was due (it never came lol 🙄) all because of my eratic bloods! 😉

Ps not just lows but random highs too! xx

Just doing some quick calcs, Last period started 29th May. If i was preg, i wouldnt be showing yet... would i?

On the pluss side my bloods are better, seeing less above 10 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back