Hypos advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
as you know i normally run high with my blood sugars (15-20) Today its a different tale. I woke up with a level of 10 and its been going down ever since I have been testing every hour (overkill i know) 9.6, 9.3, 7.7,6.9,5.3, 4.8 and now its down to 4.00 Im getting a bit concerned here I know some of the reading are in the normal range but for me they are not normal if you know wot i mean Im now drinking orange juice to bring it over 5 as recommended by dsn. IM not feeling ill in any way , my amount of insulin has not been changed. Should i be concerned that its going down like this? or am i just worrying about nothing Help
cheers
gail

Assuming you've been eating normally, I have no idea why you are dropping so much, are you sure you didn't inject twice?. The problem you face is going back up too much. I usually have some jelly babies (equivalent to your orange) and then a piece of toast and Peanut butter. You should have some longer acting carbs wait half and hour and test again. Regard this as an experiment and see how much whatever you eat brings you up. Also a bit surprised you haven't noticed any effect, you don't feel brighter, perkier. If it gets below 4 I would expect cold sweating.

didt inject twice am eating normally felt sick cold headache tested again and its 3.8 am going to have a coffee with full fat milk and sugar and some toast Will test again in a hour Have got some sweets might try them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back