Hypo !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidge63

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well I had my first hypo in about 6 years last night, went to bed about 10.30 pm and my BS was 8.6.. roughly 2 hours later I felt sick, had palpitations, started to shake and felt rough.. checked my BS and it was 3.6 (a figure I haven't seen for a very long time).. drank a bottle of Lucozade and went back to bed, still didn't feel any better so ended up having a bowl of cereal and was fine... hope this is a one off !!! lol

Hope you're feeling better now, and as you have been clear of hypos, hopefully it will be a one off.

Hope you're feeling better now, and as you have been clear of hypos, hopefully it will be a one off.

Thanks 🙂

Mind you at least I know i can get to low figures instead of my usual double figures..!!!

OK what's going on, no hypos for 6 years and now I have had 2 in the space of just over a week... went to bed at 6.1 last night, have done that before and been fine.. about 1.45am started feeling odd, shaky inside, palpitations, feeling sick, starting to shake.. so go check my sugars and luckily I caught it before it went under 4, got a reading of 4.1.. if I had left it and tried to get back to sleep it would have been lower.. I thought I was getting my diabetes sort of sussed out but now I am not sure..!!!! :confused: roll on next week when I see my DSN.

Hi Squidge,
I dont know an awful lot about type 2 meds - but I am wondering whether your meds need an overhaul. You need to mention this at clinic as it does seem odd that youve had 2 out of the blue after 6 years. Hope you stay level until clinic.🙂Bev

Hey Squidge, hope those darn hypo's soon pipe down. Now make sure you keep your lucozade etc cup'd well stocked! 🙂

Take care

Rossi 🙂

Thanks Bev and Rossi.. need to stock up on Lucozade only have 1 bottle, better get some tomorrow.. hopefully no hypo tonight ..

Thanks Bev and Rossi.. need to stock up on Lucozade only have 1 bottle, better get some tomorrow.. hopefully no hypo tonight ..

Hopefully not Squidge! One tip about lucozade or other bottled stuff - it's a good idea to loosen the top on the bottle then retighten it (but not too much!) as it can be difficult to open the darn things when hypo!😱🙂

Hopefully not Squidge! One tip about lucozade or other bottled stuff - it's a good idea to loosen the top on the bottle then retighten it (but not too much!) as it can be difficult to open the darn things when hypo!😱🙂

Can't tell you how many Lucozade stains i've got on the carpet, in the car, in fact just about everywhere. Terrible stuff to get off. Goodness knows what it does to my insides?!😡

Can't tell you how many Lucozade stains i've got on the carpet, in the car, in fact just about everywhere. Terrible stuff to get off. Goodness knows what it does to my insides?!😡

did anyone ever used to watch Kenan and Kel? Kel used to love 'orange soda' - one episode he had an xray and his entire insides were orange!

cant believe it, found it on youtube, about 4.45 in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJLYpaPMM1o

Last edited:
did anyone ever used to watch Kenan and Kel? Kel used to love 'orange soda' - one episode he had an xray and his entire insides were orange!

I'm sure one day i will spontaneously combust!🙂

Lol...i thought it was just me....i am surprised i still have a full set of teeth...:D

Just seen the orange soda thing....😱

Hubby reassuringly just said that can't be as xrays are black and white...thank god...as based on this i am sure my insides are positively nuclear :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back