Hypo symptoms differing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Does anyone else find their hypo symptoms differ from time to time and sometimes have warning signs that are not same others(and possiblly not had before

Yes - different hypos often have different signs. Luckily I spot them before I go too low so most times I don’t feel all the signs.

Yes, my hypo signs change. Not long after diagnosis my peripheral vision going blurry was a clear early sign. Then I got tingly lips/tongue, then that stopped and I started to get a sense of mild indigestion but often it is just a "niggle in the back of my mind" or feeling "woolly headed". Just recently, I have started to get the tingly lips and tongue again occasionally. I certainly couldn't pin it down to just one sign that I get every time. Mostly the obvious signs like the shaky legs and pounding heart and sweating happen after I have treated it and I am recovering and I think those may be related to levels dropping fast and probably as a response to adrenaline release, so I don't often get those. Mostly I can just pop a JB or two and carry on what I was doing and just keep mentally assessing how I feel and if the hypo sensation is reducing. Like last night when I was mowing the lawn. Just ate a JB and kept going but kept reassessing myself to check if I was getting better.
I have to be honest, I rarely double check with a finger prick when I feel hypo or even 15 mins later unless it is a bad one because I usually rely on how I am feeling and it is very rare indeed that I need to treat a second time or even need the full 15g in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back