Hypo Rebound Migraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshboy82

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, fellow people with diabetes!

I'm a 39 year old man who was diagnosed with type I diabetes at 18 months old. Through my life at very infrequent intervals - 2-3 years at least - I have suffered TERRIBLE, crippling migraines after a hypo, but no migraines at any other time, or even that many headaches. The most recent was on Friday in the middle of the night, and I was up vomiting violently, moaning, and rocking backwards and forwards with the pain for a good few hours. In my teenage years, I had a full hemiplegic migraine (numb down one side) which caused my mum to call an ambulance, and resulted in a trip to the hospital for fear of a more serious brain injury. I'm otherwise in really pretty good health, with almost no complications (thank my very strict parents!), but this particular migraine has floored me for a couple of days, and I've ended up with an odd feeling of dissociation, and neck, shoulder, and upper arm pain from being so tense with the pain during the attack.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar, and whether they've been for any medical advice?

Thanks!

No, never - but I absolutely think you ought to seek medical advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back