Hypo rebound....aaaaargh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glodee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I'm so cross with myself. Was about to use hair straightners 2 hours pp this morning, and a little voice in my head said go test - quick! Yes, indeedy, I was 3.3. So glugged down a small carton of oj (200ml), ate that caramel bunny which was calling me from the fridge since yesterday 🙄- and then for some unknown reason, decided to eat a snack size muller corner yogurt. Such a bad move!! I'm now 20.7!!! Good job its nearly lunch and I can correct (hopefully). Why oh why did I eat all that??? 😡
G

Oh dear! Your brain was in panic mode and sent out hunger signals! It happens to me sometimes, but not always. Normally, I'd treat a 3.3 with just two jelly babies, but the temptation to scoff the whole packet is very real! 😱

Beware of 'rage' bolusing - don't overcorrect!

glodee - i have done this on far too many occasions! sometimes i eat until i feel better, which can take what...10/15 mins? so i sit there and keep eating. not a good move! a few nights about i found myself eating a banana with peanut butter, toast with peanut butter and a cookie at 3am. not good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back