Hypo or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroleann

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Yesterday i whent shopping i was out for about three hrs but on my way home i started shaking quite badly feeling dizzy and felt realy weak so took a gluco tab only had these on me cos hubby said to take them with me as im on the new tablets,after taking this it took me about five minutes to get home,i tested as soon as i got in and was 5.8 not sure how long it takes gluco tab to start having an affect.
Carole

Hi
Yesterday i whent shopping i was out for about three hrs but on my way home i started shaking quite badly feeling dizzy and felt realy weak so took a gluco tab only had these on me cos hubby said to take them with me as im on the new tablets,after taking this it took me about five minutes to get home,i tested as soon as i got in and was 5.8 not sure how long it takes gluco tab to start having an affect.
Carole

Each glucotab contains 4g of fast acting glucose, I normally take 2 to 3 depending how bad I feel.

Most sources I've read say it takes about 15 mins for the glucotabs to raise BG's significantly but I usually start to feel better after 5-10 mins.

What tablets are you taking by the way?

It's possible you had the start of a hypo and because you reacted quickly it didn't drop too low. Without testing I couldn't be certain. If you have had high numbers and have been gaining bettter control, any drop below what your body is used to will be noticed.

I'm glad you got things sorted and hope you feel better.

Hi Caroleann, since diagnosis i've also had a couple of spells of feeling as you described. I've found its normally my body telling me that dinner/ lunch is overdue and as soon as i eat i feel so much better (i also get very snappy). I don't test so am getting used to how my body reacts.

Ness

Each glucotab contains 4g of fast acting glucose, I normally take 2 to 3 depending how bad I feel.

Most sources I've read say it takes about 15 mins for the glucotabs to raise BG's significantly but I usually start to feel better after 5-10 mins.

What tablets are you taking by the way?

im taking metformin 500mg sr twice a day hand have just started taking glimepride three 1mg each morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back