Hypo Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curdster

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok so I just found this site this week, and asking lots of Q's I have had for probably the last 30+ years.
So, when I am hitting a low of 3.5 and below at about 3am I am woken by having horrific dreams. They are like what I assume to be similar to a very bad acid trip. I can't realy decribe them post event but they are vivid soon afterwards.
Am I alone?

Hi Curdster

I tend to just find myself awake and after a minute or two, start checking my senses for signs of hypo. ie. sweating, heart thumping, etc.

DOn't recall having a bad dream. Not for that reason anyway !

I wonder if the brain is being starved of glucose and struggles to behave rationally. Or something. :confused:

Rob

I get dreams when I'm heading for a hypo, they are always really complicated and weird and I'm trying to sort things out and I cant. Like one bizarre situation after another - basically the story of my life!!

Yes, I have strange, surreal dreams...which sometimes almost seem to wake me up, (!?) if you see what I mean. Fortunately I've not had night time hypo issues or this issue for a while but the dream thing certainly has, in the past, been disorientating and odd and somehow more real than other dreams ? I've certainly woken up telling myself 'no that wasn't real' , 'no that didn't actually happen' etc

Ooh, I thought that was just me! I do have some very odd dreams that seem quite mad in the cold light of day. They seem to have started after my diagnosis, but I had just put it down to stress and depression rather than linking them to hypos. But now I think about it, I have been in the throes of a weird dream on a couple of occasions when the dog woke me up to tell me I was a quart low.

...amazing.... so it's not just me ;-)
I've started taking HumalinS just before sleep to stop highs around 2am. I still get low to around 3 whereas before it used to be lower (and earlier in night) when i had a top up of Novorapid instead.... Anyways... my wife thinks i have sleep terrors but it never happens when i'm of a higher sugar level. Normally if i'm around the 3 mark my body wakes me up to find silhouettes actually moving (the dressing gown on the back of the door is usually moving towards me!) i then jump out of bed and rush to it snapping myself out of the trip moments later. Then wifey will go bonkers and throw my dextrose tabs across ;-)

I dont get hypo dreams, but i do get them when i have high sugars, they are really wierd and freaky.

xx

Calshot. Perhaps this is the Humulin S as I am on it too.

By the way my last repeat script had the Humulin S in a new box but on the side of the vial I had was marked in red, RGEULAR and not just S. Didn't see it until after i had taken it, but called Lilly and apparently it is a European batch I have. Dodgy chemists!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back