Hypo awareness week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Background is on the page you linked to

Hypo Awareness Week was first staged locally in hospitals in Portsmouth in April 2012 before being rolled out nationally by NHS Diabetes the following August. Oliver Jelley worked for NHS Diabetes and organised the first national Hypo Awareness Week, introducing the concept of an online resource pack. NHS Diabetes closed in April 2013 but Oliver continued the running of the national campaign through Orange Juice Communications.

Looks like as well as running his own PR/ journalism country he is editor of the Diabetic Times according to his LinkedIn (no idea on quality of the paper/ journal) https://diabetestimes.co.uk/our-team/oliver-jelley/

Well, if you are supposed to test your hypo awareness, I am certainly getting the chance to do that this week 🙄! Pleased to report I am still feeling it. :D

When I was at University five years ago we had a talk from the Orange Juice director. His company seemed very focused on and interested in diabetes issues. They’re based in a village near to where I live in Northamptonshire.

It looks to me like it might be about health professionals (and maybe members of the public) having awareness that how someone is presenting might be due to a hypo

Well diabetes uk have posted about it on instagram so I think it’s a thing.
I can’t share a screenshot as having issues uploading for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back