Hypo Anxiety/panic attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm very newly diagnosed (10 days) and keep having these weird 'I'm going to faint' sensations, and I think I'm about to hypo but when I check my sugars they are either in range or too high. This has happened ever since my first hypo and it seems to be getting worse and last night I had a full on panic attack whilst feeling like I was going to faint/vomit/implode.
Did/does anyone else get this? Does it stop or is fear or hypos something I have to either get over or live with?

Hi.

I found that anxiety attack and hypo do feel similar. Sometimes I think I'm having an anxiety attack and it's a hypo.

It also depends what your levels were like before, when newly diagnosed and your levels start to come down you can feel like you are hypo when within normal range due to your body being used to the higher levels I also experienced it, when your body gets used to more normal levels then these feelings should go away it may take a while though, the first known hypo I had was a few months after I was diagnosed and I did panic then but now I don't I just treat relax until its time to re check and everything is fine again x

It also depends what your levels were like before, when newly diagnosed and your levels start to come down you can feel like you are hypo when within normal range due to your body being used to the higher levels I also experienced it, when your body gets used to more normal levels then these feelings should go away it may take a while though, the first known hypo I had was a few months after I was diagnosed and I did panic then but now I don't I just treat relax until its time to re check and everything is fine again x

Yeah I often feel like Im having a hypo when I go into range, I had very high blood sugar before starting treatment. Glad to know it's normal to feel like that though

Yeah I often feel like Im having a hypo when I go into range, I had very high blood sugar before starting treatment. Glad to know it's normal to feel like that though
Oh yeah unfortunately it's completely normal to have false hypos at the start, you can try by tricking your body by eating something like a bit of cheese or something or even a small biscuit that should in theory stop the feelings x

Hi Luke, welcome to the forum. I used to get these after diagnosis too and used to eat a teaspoon of peanut butter to remedy them.

If you have bad control for a while, you can also get false hypos when you go back in range, too. It's because your body gets used to the high sugars.

Hi Luke im sorry your having problems, i carnt tell you which it is officially not qualified, but i suspect its anxiety i went through the same thing especially if you have tested your bgs and high, this is how i got over mine, your brain has two sides the intelligent side rational thinking and a fight or flight called a Limbric it ignores your intelligence side because thats no good when your body feels its in danger so sets off all sorts of physical symptoms too many to put on here, if your intelligence side can con your Limbric site the panic attacks stop did for me anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back