hypo alert cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After a day of serious stress😡 low and behold i go hypo , now it has ocured to me i think my cat knows when im hypo , if im sitting on the sofa she climbs up behind me and headbutts me every time im hypo she also really meiows at me (much more than the feed me meiow) and wont leave me alone till i get up for lucosade then sits with me right up till i feel better , its freaky !:D

What a lovely cat! It's certainly not unheard of. One of our members is trying to train a puppy to detect hypos in her 4 year old son! :D

Awh I love cats they are such clever creatures! so sweet to sit with you until you felt better 🙂 xx

it is definatley bizzare , i prob wouldnt have thought about it but it was a pretty lo hypo and she was really bugging me , made me think about it lol , thing is i tend to get a bit narkey when im hypo to so tend to shout stupid cat at her (awww feel bad now) she is a star🙂

Its not only cats and dogs that can detect these things. My parrot, when I had a bad hypo, she came from my shoulder on to my chest kept making funny noises and pulling on my lip (not biting), she bugged the hell out of me until I got up and sorted myself out, she's very loving bird, I only have to cough and she comes over and kisses me on the lips and says "alright baby":D

John

My dog will come and do pretty much the same. She's so smart :D

My cat has woken me up in the night when I was hypo a couple of times.

🙂 you gotta love animals (and birds)

All my cats do is bring me dead things, and the occasional live'un lol😱

ewww yuck lol , although i do get the occasional sand lizard or slow worm as a prezzie usually alive

uk john im loving the hypo aware parrot !! fantasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back