hypo again

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmasamduke

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello can somebody tell me how long the symptoms of a hypo last after gettin some sugary drink and jelly beans in to me i had breakfast this morn and was 3 hours before i was thinking of having anything else 2 eat am i leaving it a bit long before i eat again i am sick of the hypo feelings i was 4.1 wen the symptoms came on, Andrew ty in advance .

Hi Andrew, if you have eaten something then the hypo symptoms themselves should be relieved withing about 15 minutes or so. However, you may feel groggy for some time afterwards. We get hypo warnings when the brain thinks there isn't enough glucose in the blood to function properly, so it triggers stress hormones to alert us. The stress hormones themselves can then feel us feeling drained for osme time afterwards - some people compare it to feeling like a hangover.

4.1 is low, but not a dangerous hypo - it is within the normal non-diabetic range. You will feel the hypo symptoms though if your levels have been relatively high recently, and have started to settle at lower levels. The longer you are able to maintain good control, the sooner you will be feeling better at the lower levels. So try not to worry and stick at it. If you have a headache, take a couple of paracetamols. Hope you are feeling better soon!🙂

Hi Andrew, if you have eaten something then the hypo symptoms themselves should be relieved withing about 15 minutes or so. However, you may feel groggy for some time afterwards. We get hypo warnings when the brain thinks there isn't enough glucose in the blood to function properly, so it triggers stress hormones to alert us. The stress hormones themselves can then feel us feeling drained for osme time afterwards - some people compare it to feeling like a hangover.

4.1 is low, but not a dangerous hypo - it is within the normal non-diabetic range. You will feel the hypo symptoms though if your levels have been relatively high recently, and have started to settle at lower levels. The longer you are able to maintain good control, the sooner you will be feeling better at the lower levels. So try not to worry and stick at it. If you have a headache, take a couple of paracetamols. Hope you are feeling better soon!🙂

Ty northerner its been a hour now since syptoms started now my bs has gone to 12.5 now i think i'm due dinner is it still ok to av dinner with it being so high and will it get higher when i eat, feeling bit better now ty . Andrew

Ty northerner its been a hour now since syptoms started now my bs has gone to 12.5 now i think i'm due dinner is it still ok to av dinner with it being so high and will it get higher when i eat, feeling bit better now ty . Andrew

It depends what you are having for dinner Andrew. I'd have something relatively low-carb like an omelette or soup maybe, as any bread/potatoes/rice/pasta will raise your blood sugar further. Or you could go for a walk before or after and this should help reduce it.🙂

It depends what you are having for dinner Andrew. I'd have something relatively low-carb like an omelette or soup maybe, as any bread/potatoes/rice/pasta will raise your blood sugar further. Or you could go for a walk before or after and this should help reduce it.🙂

before i eat it northen is a chicken breast and some noddles ok or to much, ty Andrew.

before i eat it northen is a chicken breast and some noddles ok or to much, ty Andrew.

Chicken breast is fine - better without the skin! I wouldn't have too many noodles though - maybe try to fill up on other veg if possible.🙂

ty very much for ur quick replies much appreciated . Andrew

hi northerner again sorry am a nuisance had chicken breast, been an hour since tested at 12.5 now test again its at 8.2 is it a good sign that its came dow so quickly again . Andrew

hi northerner again sorry am a nuisance had chicken breast, been an hour since tested at 12.5 now test again its at 8.2 is it a good sign that its came dow so quickly again . Andrew

How long since you ate the chicken? If not long, then that is probably still digesting, and the fact that you have come down from your 12.5 in an hour is good. Try testing 2 hours after you had the chicken and see what it is then.🙂

How long since you ate the chicken? If not long, then that is probably still digesting, and the fact that you have come down from your 12.5 in an hour is good. Try testing 2 hours after you had the chicken and see what it is then.🙂

Hi northener rite i'm gettin in a bit ov state here its been just over hour since chicken and over 2 since testing at 12.5 a hour l8r test 8.2 hour l8r just test at 4.4 feelin shakey again so had 2 rush shopp for couple sausage rolls, now doc took me off mertformin nearly 2 weeks ago . Andrew

Hi northener rite i'm gettin in a bit ov state here its been just over hour since chicken and over 2 since testing at 12.5 a hour l8r test 8.2 hour l8r just test at 4.4 feelin shakey again so had 2 rush shopp for couple sausage rolls, now doc took me off mertformin nearly 2 weeks ago . Andrew
What other meds are you on?

nothing Alison diet controlled 4 nearly a fortnite now.

Darn! I was hoping for an easy answer. I'm afraid I'm baffled. Maybe one of the more experienced among us will have some idea.

Hi Andrew, 4.4 is actually a normal level, it just doesn't feel like it, so don't panic! What I'd suggest is sipping some fruit juice if you have some - just slowly - every now and again. Alternatively, a digestive biscuit or two per hour should do the trick. This should keep your level above that shakey feeling without sending you too high. Test again in an hour - I know it's a lot of testing, but you can record the results and have a word with your doctor or DSN and tell them about the patterns - they will know your situation better and will be able to advise you more appropriately.

When I read this kind of thread it does give me a warm glow - to know that there's always advice available, for people like Andrew who need help/answers at fairly short notice.

S'what it's all about, isn't it, and that's why it's so brill.

Hope you're feeling better now Andrew.

xx

When I read this kind of thread it does give me a warm glow - to know that there's always advice available, for people like Andrew who need help/answers at fairly short notice.

S'what it's all about, isn't it, and that's why it's so brill.

Hope you're feeling better now Andrew.

xx

ty all for your very quick replies it was well appreciated, its just got me in an anxious state allday really still dont feel myself, even went 2 out of hours Dr and he was helpful told me 2 go bk 2 my own gp on monday and try 2 bottom of why i'm feeling like this quite often once again many tnx 2 those who replied . Andrew x

ty all for your very quick replies it was well appreciated, its just got me in an anxious state allday really still dont feel myself, even went 2 out of hours Dr and he was helpful told me 2 go bk 2 my own gp on monday and try 2 bottom of why i'm feeling like this quite often once again many tnx 2 those who replied . Andrew x

Hi Andrew, hope your GP can sort it out for you, it can be worrying not quite knowing what's going on. Try not to let it trouble you too much, I know it's difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back