Hypnagogia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Holborn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone on Forum suffer with this ? I punched myself in the face last night and nearly broke my nose.

Never heard of it before, so googled it.

Poor you, hope your nose isn't too painful anymore.

Yeah i do it regular, infact did it last night woke myself up through it

Then you have a mild form.

Mine gets so bad sometimes that when laying straight my stomach muscles go into sudden spasm and release which causes me to double up with a violent jolt then my body is flung back into straight position. Other times my legs will kick out or my arms are flung across the bed. It happens mostly when I'm nodding off but has occured when asleep. My OH has given up and banished me to the spare bed after I kicked her hard in the back one night. Luckily she has seen my Hypnagogia in action.

It's getting progressively worse since I last spoke to the Dr, he said then that there's not a lot that can be done about it.

Dr also said that the common belief is that your heart has stopped and the body jumps to restart it.

Last edited:
When asleep have you never jumped when you thought you were falling ?

Hell yeah, often and often feels like I've bee falling from some height.

I get quite twitchy, legs mainly but also body and arms not sure if it's full of spasms when I'm extremely tired?

Hope you find some way of taming it or at least it doesn't get much worse.

Take care

Rossi.

I have had this on quite a few occaisions, mainly when I am over tierd.

I moved this to general message board where it may get more views

Last edited:

I definitely get that! especially when I'm, like you say, nodding off. It's that time between being awake and falling asleep. I believe I have done it in my sleep as well. Never knew there was a name for it - thanks for enlightening me 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back