Hyperinsulinemia With Type 2 Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahid.khan

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
Pronouns
He/Him
Hyperinsulinemia (means the amount of insulin in the blood is higher than what's considered healthy).

Is anyone else with the same problem?

It is very rare to have both, but here we are. Need urgent Info

Hyperinsulinemia (means the amount of insulin in the blood is higher than what's considered healthy).

I thought it was quite common? Hyperinsulinemia can be the result of insulin resistance, which leads on to Type 2 Diabetes. Some people with Type 2 are found to be producing a lot of insulin, but thie bodies can’t use it, so they have high levels of blood glucose as well.
I just had a Google, because I'm Type 1, and not always very conversant with Type 2, this article seems to give a good explanation, which accords with what I thought.
Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick, and yours is due to a different cause.

I thought it was quite common? Hyperinsulinemia can be the result of insulin resistance, which leads on to Type 2 Diabetes. Some people with Type 2 are found to be producing a lot of insulin, but thie bodies can’t use it, so they have high levels of blood glucose as well.
I just had a Google, because I'm Type 1, and not always very conversant with Type 2, this article seems to give a good explanation, which accords with what I thought.
Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick, and yours is due to a different cause.
Thank you so much. I have this problem from 2004. Doctors can’t seem to find the reason. So higher insulin is causing micro damages two fold than the regular diabetic patients.
Meds are not working. Had been under alot of research in France and conclusion was : Its genetic and you need to eat right !
So now, i am going down n down and there isnt any cure. I am an active gym person, runs marathons. But guess what my hdl is high as hell.

So, if someone is haven’t the same issues, i wana know what are they doing in UK. I have appointment with endocrinologist here in UK. What should i tell them.
Merci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back