Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredHeart

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes! Just got back from my DSN appointment, and she took one look at my book and went 'Well, this Novomix is clearly not working for you, there's far too many hypos and general lows here....I have a proposal. Let's scrap it.'. And with that, gave me Novorapid, and a choice of Levemir or Lantus! :D

I went with Lantus, and I'm holding off on the Novorapid to see how Lantus alone works out for me. Been told to keep an eye out for highs, and if they start appearing, to give her a call and we'll work out some doses of Novorapid for me.

AND I've been told I can return my box of unopened Novomix to the hospital, and they've got a company that can send it to medical aid programs in third world countries.

AND my Amazon order arrived this morning with two Charles Fox books.

This is looking like a promising day. 😎

glad things are looking up sacred thats lovely what that company do sending the medicines off to 3rd world countries, hope the books are a good read x

Yes! Just got back from my DSN appointment, and she took one look at my book and went 'Well, this Novomix is clearly not working for you, there's far too many hypos and general lows here....I have a proposal. Let's scrap it.'. And with that, gave me Novorapid, and a choice of Levemir or Lantus! :D

I went with Lantus, and I'm holding off on the Novorapid to see how Lantus alone works out for me. Been told to keep an eye out for highs, and if they start appearing, to give her a call and we'll work out some doses of Novorapid for me.

AND I've been told I can return my box of unopened Novomix to the hospital, and they've got a company that can send it to medical aid programs in third world countries.

AND my Amazon order arrived this morning with two Charles Fox books.

This is looking like a promising day. 😎

Fantastic, I know the mixed insulins work for some but I always found that it offered me no flexibility. Really interested to see that you're starting off only on the lantus, not something I've heard of before, for type 1s anyway. Obviously follow the advice given by your dsn but I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself using the novorapid quite soon. The general theory is that your basal insulin (lantus) is at a level to cope with the rate at which your liver gives out glucose, then you have your bolus (novorapid) to cope with the carbs you're putting in, ie meals, so I'd be interested to learn how just the lantus works out for you. Am I right in thinking you're quite newly diagnosed? If so I wonder if there is a theory around the honeymoon period around why you're just on lantus for the time being....

Great news - you'll have so much more freedom when you are on basal/bolus! I, too, am confused by the 'lantus only' :confused: How can that cope with the spikes in levels after eating? Well, you sound like you're getting good treatment, so I hope it works out for you well!🙂

Yeah, I was diagnosed on the 1st May, so I'm still really new with this. We think I'm still producing a little bit of natural insulin, which is why I'm having so many hypos. (Speaking of which....gah, came in late, forgot the time, felt a bit weird so just got a reading of 2.4....mmm....digestive biscuits.)

Thats great that you have ditched the novomix 🙂

I tried the lantus only for about 2 weeks before I started using novorpiad aswell.

Unless you are prodcuing enough insulin to cover your meals then lantus only is unlikely to work, but will be interested to see how things work out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back