Husband pulled cannula out :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberzak

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Last night I woke up with short, sharp pain. Turned out my husband got the tube caught on his hand, rolled over, and yanked the cannula out. It really hurt. He then, in his sleep, said 'I didn't pull it, you pulled it out yourself.'

Funny times.

Ouch. I hope you're not too bruised.

Wait till he goes to sleep then shave his eyebrows. Look shocked in the morning when you ask him what he's been doing. :D

I bet you woke up with a fright 😱. Did he get beet up 🙂

Last night I woke up with short, sharp pain. Turned out my husband got the tube caught on his hand, rolled over, and yanked the cannula out. It really hurt. He then, in his sleep, said 'I didn't pull it, you pulled it out yourself.'

Funny times.
Ouch 😱 Perhaps consider putting a bit of tape across the tubing a couple of centimetres from the cannula connection it saves the pain.

Just have to say Ouch and LOL, Amberzak! I've only done it once, when desperate to go to the loo and wearing zipped trousers in a public place so I had to get locked firmly in the cubicle before I could start to expose my nether regions, whereas at home I could easily have got started on disrobing on the way to the bathroom!

Neither of us has ever done it in bed, despite the fact it just roams freely cos we don't wear nightclothes.

OUCH and double ouch. Hope it's not too sore still.

It's fine now. And hubby was so apologetic next day, bless him.

I'm actually allergic to the medical tape. Honestly, I'm allergic most things. I am quite impressed I don't have problem with the cannulas. I did at the start though. And I notice it if I don't change them every two days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back